• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why chant over-rated?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

There is going to be enough people pointing this out and in makes our win look less impressive. Perhaps in the future we should chant "we are under-rated".

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I couldn't agree more. I never understood the chant unless you are rated higher than the team you are destroying. I kept saying it in my section to the people chanting and they agreed and actually stopped.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

There is going to be enough people pointing this out and in makes our win look less impressive. Perhaps in the future we should chant "we are under-rated".

the same people who just love to do the wave.

At least they didn't do it while we were on offense this time

hate the wave. hate it with a passion

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Same here:

1. hate the wave

2. hate the "over rated" chant.

And remember sporsfans, just because your neighbor does it, doesn't mean YOU have to participate. Take a stand...fight the dumbness. 8)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

loved how (most of) the UL fans stayed seated and yelled "Boooooo" when the wave came around to them

those are some smart fans, seriously

kind of party poopers, but smart

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

MikeG,

That was USF fans booing UL fans because they would not participate in the wave. It was a smart move to do the wave at that point in the game because the game was a blowout.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

The students did an awesome job ... started the "Over-Rated" chant early ... it was noise! Granted, I hope they were not over-rated, and BULLieve they aren't - hoping they win out the rest.

Students been saying it for ever ... I was yelling like some of my spelling, so it didn't make much sense anyway  ;)

Go BULLS !!!

The wave was awesome... it happened the same way 2 years ago... USF fans doing the wave and the UL fans sitting... the whole stadium booed as it went through the UL section.

There were a couple of other times where a wave would have been great... TV timeouts especially.  Keeps the crowd active and in the game.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, please, if you were chanting it: Please stop the over-rated chant! We did it against Bowling Green as well and it just doesn't make any sense. What is that supposed to mean? That we beat our rival just because they are over-rated and not because we are good enough?