• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why chant over-rated?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like we pushed someones button...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

In my day, the "warm up the bus" chant was used at B-Ball games.  Pretty funny stuff when you consider that some of the teams flew into Tampa.  Try that one next time.

Hate to correct a fellow "old fart" but none of those teams took a plane directly to the Sun Dome. They all  came by bus just like today so the cheer was valid then and is correct even today.

I love that cheer .........as long as it's done when the game is really REALLY out of hand.   ;)

PS. The Wave still sucks ....   8)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

zoomer...sorry to inform you of this fact but college football games, like college basketball games, are driven by college students.  Why do you think students get discounted and free tickets.  And as far as this "class" is concerned, throw it out the window when the pregame clock starts counting down.  I hate when people bring that up, like that oracle columnist when the students chanted "wifebeater" at the basketball game.  And there is nothing classless about "over rated", it may be stupid but it's not classless.  Students are supposed to be rude, loud, and obnoxious, that's why they have thier own section.

How about this chant, "Good showing!  Good showing!"  And we could all use english accents to give it that little bit of extra class!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

News flash though, students, you are not the only ones that cheer. My section is quite loud and we do start our own cheers.

You guys are over there next to the band, correct?

If so, you guys get rowdy.

We love to have all Bull supporters at our games, but personally, I would prefer that you didn't embarass the school or drag it down to your level. This is not basketball. There is a different fan base that attends college football games.

Correct, football is a lot more of a rowdy, violent sport.....which means the crowd is going to be a little more rowdy and a little more violent.

There is nothing any more embarassing that USF students do compared to any other school.

Act like you've been there before. That's all I'm saying.

...but we HAVENT been there before................................

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

Fans Being Fans People just chill! Loudest ever in Ray J and we complain makes no sense dont care how much you hate certain chants. I started a lot of chants have no voice today but still went out and announced soccer.

I started some diff creative chants such as "Whos Your Daddy"...... "USF" wish that would have caught on more.

Anyways GO BULLS TAKING THIS STAMPEDE TO MIAMI!