• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why chant over-rated?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

It's a lot harder to start a "We're underrated" chant than it is an "overrated" one...

Bottom line.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

I agree, perhaps I am just being idealistic. I just knew that after I left the stadium that was exactly what I was going to hear and did not want to be reminded of it at that moment. Today no one is talking about our huge win over a top ten school they are talking about us exposing a fraud, I just wish at least we felt differently.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

My two cents...the wave...bogus, so 70's, mindless activity/cheering.  Now cheering "overrated" does not bother me but not at the being of a game where it will motivate the other team.  "Overrated should be cheered at the end of a game win the victory is in hand.  Cheering it is to get in the heads of the other players and get them to doubt themselves.  IMO its not that big of a deal & does not degrade the team upsetting the higher ranked team.  But each to his own.  No big deal.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

If the old guys on the sidelines have a problem with our chants, maybe they should start their own. You know, chants that would actually get US to join THEM, instead of the other way around.

Noise is Noise.

It is our job as opposing fans to hate the opposing team. Stop with all this "class" bullcrap.

Well said brother.  I am an "old fart" by your standards, but I do not agree with all this "class" bullcrap that everyone brings up.

Remember, some of these "gotta have class" clowns were the same fools that wanted USF to got with retro uniforms with no logo on the helmet (ala Notre Dame) and boring high school-esque jerseys (ala Penn State).

No chanting overrated.  No wave.  No rushing the field.  No fun.  Other "major" schools do this or that.  Really?  Prove it.  What do you think this is, a wine and cheese party?  Go home and change your Depends.

In my day, the "warm up the bus" chant was used at B-Ball games.  Pretty funny stuff when you consider that some of the teams flew into Tampa.  Try that one next time.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

haha, the term "old" is a term of endearment.

hightech, with that post, and your signature, you just earned 45 cool points.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

students had their keys waving in the air saying warm up the bus.  however, in a football atmosphere you need simple chants that can be heard and understood.  I agree, we are UNDERRATED.  but like someone said, you don't start a "we are underrated" chant.  

whoever thinks we shouldnt chant overrated i ask you to stop sitting on your hands and make your own **** noise so you can't even hear what the students are saying.  instead, you are too busy selling your tickets to opposing fans and just not even showing up.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

When did anyone say that it was only the students that were chanting over-rated? I believe people were chanting it across the stadium just as people were cheering the entire game in all sections last night. Why does every discussion on this board now become one of us vs them?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

The whole "over-rated" issue is not about class, or about that's the better chant that we have, or alumni vs students. Is just sends the message that we believe our school is only able to beat ranked teams that are "over-rated" rather than legit ranked teams.  So are we going to chant this every time we beat a ranked team (we did it against Bowling Green too)? Our we telling our football players that their victory is due to the fact that the opposing team was never ever as good as the media made them out to be? NO. Think a little.  This whole "over-rated" chant has been picked up in different articles.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I didn't chant "over-rated" at all during the first half... Then it was impossible not to.  We were blowing them out the water.

Relax people.  It's just a chant, let us students have our fun.  Is that not what everyone wants?  People wondered why students didn't show up and now they are...Just enjoy the game!

Gotta say though, I honestly do not believe UL should have been #9, but that's just me.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

Got some cheese for that whine, youngsters? I am so sick and tired of hearing some students whine. You think we are old farts, fine, some of you act like 8 year old boys who just saw their first nudie picture or made a funny sound out of your butt.

Yes, there are quite of a lot of boosters that are not showing up at games and it stinks! I think just about everybody agrees.  You are beating a dead horse.

News flash though, students, you are not the only ones that cheer. My section is quite loud and we do start our own cheers.

We love to have all Bull supporters at our games, but personally, I would prefer that you didn't embarass the school or drag it down to your level. This is not basketball. There is a different fan base that attends college football games. Get over it and we'll try our best to get over the fact that you act like grade school kids.

Act like you've been there before. That's all I'm saying.