• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why chant over-rated?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

1. Hate the over-rated chant. It shows no class. Travel with the team a few times where we lose. It's heart breaking. Then have the opposing team's fan sing the "Na na na" song is just adding insult to injury. Penn State fans didn't do it to us, nor did Cincy's fans last year. We are better than that.

2. Wave is harmless when done at the right time. Last night, we had that pro-longed period of a ref or injury time out and it was all in good fun.

3. What was with some of the students last night ripping up USF banners at the end of the game after the cops stopped students from running on the field? Plus I saw students throwing stuff on the field. Don't be a bunch of lemmings.

The Bulls were special last night. It was like all the stars were aligned properly and things were just working for us. I hope it continues for the rest of the season.

GO BULLS!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

MikeG,

That was USF fans booing UL fans because they would not participate in the wave. It was a smart move to do the wave at that point in the game because the game was a blowout.

That's pretty funny since we did the same thing to Oregon State's fans when they wouldn't join in our wave.  I guess the wave is no fun when you're the visitor and your team is getting smoked lol.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

It was a smart move to do the wave at that point in the game because the game was a blowout.

Because it was a blowout at that time, I'm refraining from my anti-Wave rant this time ....   ;)

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

The wave was OK.  Hate the "over rated" cheer, as was pointed out, it belittles our own team also.  You don't hear major schools doing it.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

The wave was OK.  Hate the "over rated" cheer, as was pointed out, it belittles our own team also.  You don't hear major schools doing it.

Do other major schools do the wave? Just curious ..........

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I really think the 'overrated' chant was more or so a ploy to get inside the U of L players' heads....I know I was personally sick of all the hype surrounding Louisville.  They came into our stadium expecting to beat the crap out of our team....how dare them!  I was sick of hearing all this talk about Brohm and Elvis (yeah, Elvis WHO??) But really, I think the chant was just a way to get inside the players' heads, shake up their confidence in any way possible. Hey, can't say it didn't work.  I saw those Louisville players after the game when us cheerleaders were walking back to our dressing room....they were BEYOND PISSED. It was like an atomic bomb was dropped  :D

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

geez..i never saw so much complaining for fans cheering in my life.  sure the chant was not the best one but i was in the student section and trust me...we started A LOT more U-S-F chants then the over-rated chants.  its just silly that instead of pointing out all the good the student section has done this season you come on here and complain about a chant that a few people tried to start that really DID make sense (louisville is NOT #9 in the nation) and forget to even give the students props for all the great things that happened in the student section last night.  a few years ago you same people were complaining that the studnets never showed up, now you complain because you don't like their chants.  give it a break.  from what i can tell last night is the biggest problem with the home crowd is all the donors that do not show up or give their tickets away.  i saw blocks of atleast 20 seats right in the first or second row on the 50 yard line that were not being used.  that is the problem, not the students chanting a somewhat classless chant.

focus on the real problems here.  maybe if there was ANYONE else in the stadium TRYING to make noise then the bad student chants wouldn't be heard as well.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

I have stated that I think the entire crowd was awesome last night, by far the best we have ever had, but that does not mean we cannot improve. Were the Cards over-rated, more than likely but does not mean we cannot pretend at least for the moment that they were rated properly and that we were simply under-rated.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

If the old guys on the sidelines have a problem with our chants, maybe they should start their own. You know, chants that would actually get US to join THEM, instead of the other way around.

Noise is Noise.

It is our job as opposing fans to hate the opposing team. Stop with all this "class" bullcrap.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

I think there were plenty of people cheering and chanting thoughout the stadium, for the first time ever at 3rd Reich stadium, and it was awesome. I agree that noise is a great thing and causes the stadium to be electric and can be a huge advantage (see last night) but that does not mean we cannot do things better in the future. If you think it is better to say the other team is over-rated instead of saying the we were under-rated than that is fine, we simply disagree, and I am glad that you are at least standing and cheering. For at least one day it was cool for everyone to cheer for the Bulls at Ray-Jay and we need to keep that spirit going!