• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is what became of Mike Ford...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

The guy likes to smoke weed, drive scooters without a license and box, the horror.

I think the point is he could have been so much more...

Guest SittingBull
37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think the point is he could have been so much more...

Well,  he was a Millionaire.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

he looked pretty solid to me.

not sure why there are shades of negativity in this thread.

the guy is living his life, who cares how many times a year he fights or how good (or not) his opponents have been.

he's a guy in his mid-30s doing something he enjoys a decade after he gave our alma mater a couple solid seasons at running back during the football program's golden era.

he's a nice guy who could be doing a lot of less positive things with his life given where he's come up from.

let's support our brother 🤘🏽

#LetTheFordOutTheGarage

The dude has some heavy hands. He was throwing bombs every time. I am not too confident his boxing career will go very far, but wish him the best. He was fun to watch when he did play for the Bulls. I wish him luck.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

The dude has some heavy hands. He was throwing bombs every time. I am not too confident his boxing career will go very far, but wish him the best. He was fun to watch when he did play for the Bulls. I wish him luck.

he will have a brain injury in no time in doesnt already

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

That's what I noticed also - heavy hands

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

he looked pretty solid to me.

not sure why there are shades of negativity in this thread.

the guy is living his life, who cares how many times a year he fights or how good (or not) his opponents have been.

he's a guy in his mid-30s doing something he enjoys a decade after he gave our alma mater a couple solid seasons at running back during the football program's golden era.

he's a nice guy who could be doing a lot of less positive things with his life given where he's come up from.

let's support our brother 🤘🏽

#LetTheFordOutTheGarage

I'm glad he is living his best life and I like Mike Ford, hung out with him on campus a few times. He was always friendly, but to call a spade a spade, that wasn't good boxing on either end. Mike doesn't show a lot of technique and is just throwing then got gassed after a few rounds. His opponent just gave up on the fight and took a dive. Might explain his 3-31 record coming into the bout.  

But again I'm glad he having fun and I think what it's about for him. 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

His opponent is clearly taking L's for cash.  Basically took a knee.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:53 AM, BrassBulls12 said:

I'm glad he is living his best life and I like Mike Ford, hung out with him on campus a few times. He was always friendly, but to call a spade a spade, that wasn't good boxing on either end. Mike doesn't show a lot of technique and is just throwing then got gassed after a few rounds. His opponent just gave up on the fight and took a dive. Might explain his 3-31 record coming into the bout.  

But again I'm glad he having fun and I think what it's about for him. 

I wish him well, but your assessment of him as a boxer is pretty spot on in my opinion. In Ford's fight prior to the 3-31 guy, he was TKO'd by a 17-42 fighter. There's no way he's going anywhere with this late of a start in the sport. Hopefully he has fun with it, makes enough money to make it worthwhile, and he doesn't get hurt.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/794616

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

the point isn't whether he's going to be the next Roy Jones or how good his technique is or how much money he's going to make from it.

the point is he's doing something productive in his post-football days & enjoys doing it, yet some people who havent played a down of competitive flag football much less BCS-level FBS football for the school this message board is about are still pulling the old "happy for him BUT..... [insert passive aggressive criticisms]"

if the guy ended up in jail you'd throw him in the trash as a disgrace. instead he's living a successful life doing something with his athletic ability well into his 30's and... people are STILL ******** on him.

i don't know what standard most of u people LIVE by in your own lives, but the standards some of u put on guys who put their bodies on the line on the football field so u could have something to entertain u with a $15 beer & a hotdog in your hand is seriously skewed.

how about u just try being happy for ONE OF OUR OWN for once instead of this constant negativity.

every player that comes thru here isn't going to the NFL, or marrying professional surfers while playing college football as a post-grad, or becoming a rocket scientist after leaving USF. some are going to go back to the same communities they came from-- communities where many of u come from-- and just live regular lives. if u see them happy, why not be happy FOR them? without automatically counterbalancing it with some negativity or criticism.

SALUTE Mike Ford. i enjoyed watching him play football during USF's best stretch of football & i'm happy for the brother continuing to pursue what makes him happy. the end. see? not so hard.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

On 3/1/2019 at 12:13 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

One of the biggest mysteries of USF football is why did we not give the ball to Mike Ford more.

Because CWT broke his foot

• Haha 1