• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is what became of Mike Ford...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/5/2020 at 5:49 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

So he has a fight twice a year? I guess this is just a pick up thing for him. 

Most fighters only fight once or twice a year except in the minimum wight divisions. And in response to folks questions why a guy with a 3-31 record would continue to fight, they are considered gatekeepers. Teams have their guy fight these guys as they are coming up to try to determine if they can continue to move up. It really is like that old game Knockout. If you cant get past the gatekeepers you cant move up. If you do then your chance of being injured skyrockets. Getting past a guy who has 30+ fights under his belt is not easy, Some gatekeepers test a guys offense, some test a defense.And they get paid. These fights go 4-6 rounds and have little chance of someone getting a brain injury. Its when you are going 10 rounds trying to get that title shot that you have the biggest chance of being injured badly. And especially in the heavyweight division. His next fight on the 17th is going to be interesting. Yeah the guy is undefeated but his 5 wins have come against guys that have a total of 2 wins amongst them. Mike will be the favorite in that fight. I might just head down there and watch it. MIght be fun. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/8/2020 at 1:33 PM, cophbulls said:

Most fighters only fight once or twice a year except in the minimum wight divisions. And in response to folks questions why a guy with a 3-31 record would continue to fight, they are considered gatekeepers. Teams have their guy fight these guys as they are coming up to try to determine if they can continue to move up. It really is like that old game Knockout. If you cant get past the gatekeepers you cant move up. If you do then your chance of being injured skyrockets. Getting past a guy who has 30+ fights under his belt is not easy, Some gatekeepers test a guys offense, some test a defense.And they get paid. These fights go 4-6 rounds and have little chance of someone getting a brain injury. Its when you are going 10 rounds trying to get that title shot that you have the biggest chance of being injured badly. And especially in the heavyweight division. His next fight on the 17th is going to be interesting. Yeah the guy is undefeated but his 5 wins have come against guys that have a total of 2 wins amongst them. Mike will be the favorite in that fight. I might just head down there and watch it. MIght be fun. 

This is true. Very rare that Heavyweights suffer brain injuries in fights. I believe they linked fighters having to dehydrate to make weight (which of course Heavyweights don't have to worry about) to head injuries. Magomed Abdusalamov & Greg Page are the only two instances I can think of where a Heavyweight suffered a serious head injury in a fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been mentioned on another thread, but here's the latest Mike Ford fight...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned on another thread, but here's the latest Mike Ford fight...

Someone mentioned earlier that he is doing what he wants to do...well if he was smart he would be doing something else before he gets killed.

24 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Did he fall out of the ring??

Not sure, the person controlling the camera was focused on the fight about 10% of the time. Here's a far better version....

Edited by USFBulls727

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Someone mentioned earlier that he is doing what he wants to do...well if he was smart he would be doing something else before he gets killed.

Probably a good idea. 

The guy who beat him  was a Basketball player for the University of Miami...

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Man he has horrible technique and looks really out of shape to fight.