• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Nominate Athletes for the USF Athletic Hall of Fame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

On 2/2/2019 at 12:38 PM, Brad said:

I have issues with both parties and the abuse of power.  JG could have handled it above board.  Woolard could have been a leader not a lap dog.  It was shameful leadership regardless of whether allegations had any merit.  

I think it is easy to believe this narrative in retrospect but the truth is a good amount of the fanbase agreed with the decision at the time.

Many powerful USF fans complained about the constant mid-season let-downs, CJL's on-the-field antics, and the 8-5 records instead of championships.

I truly believe the JG and DW were fulfilling the demands of a good amount of the fanbase  trying to bring in some new blood and CJL and his hands gave them the perfect opportunity to do so.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

What I was looking for was the differences between the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Thought I read an article describing how they can be or are different.

You can shade the truth by leaving out pertinent facts. So that would be dishonesty through omission. So yes, there is a difference between the truth and the whole truth. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

I think it is easy to believe this narrative in retrospect but the truth is a good amount of the fanbase agreed with the decision at the time.

Many powerful USF fans complained about the constant mid-season let-downs, CJL's on-the-field antics, and the 8-5 records instead of championships.

I truly believe the JG and DW were fulfilling the demands of a good amount of the fanbase  trying to bring in some new blood and CJL and his hands gave them the perfect opportunity to do so.

I was the right move to move on. That being said Skip Holtz turned out to be a bad hire (although at the time I loved it)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

So if it was the time to move on, a person with integrity would have done so without all the backroom dealing, setups and lies.

You wouldn’t attempt to destroy a person or two to please a donor or two especially as temporary as ours seem to be.

I can deal with moving on from a coach, we’ve done it often.  But do it above board and fairly.  And yeah, I never grew tired of 8-5 in the first decade or so of existence and in conferences of increasing difficulty. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

52 minutes ago, Brad said:

So if it was the time to move on, a person with integrity would have done so without all the backroom dealing, setups and lies.

You wouldn’t attempt to destroy a person or two to please a donor or two especially as temporary as ours seem to be.

I can deal with moving on from a coach, we’ve done it often.  But do it above board and fairly.  And yeah, I never grew tired of 8-5 in the first decade or so of existence and in conferences of increasing difficulty. 

People seem to lose sight of the fact that the competition was so much tougher in the Big East days. CJL would also get the most out of every single player. Those teams just seemed to play harder and wanted it more. I believe the mid-season collapses were due to a lack of depth and, to some extent, on coaching, but I am in the camp of those that think the entire fiasco was an overreach and overreaction clearly carried out the way it was with an ulterior motive. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Oh how I miss the Big East , CJL would have never wanted the 'War on I4" to become a reality. to be our "big game. He knew in doing so how that would affect our recruiting and affect our program for years to come. HOF or not , thanks Jim for all you did for USF football. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

This is the REAL truth.

Leavitt told me that the The big shot alumni wanted him fired 2 years before he was. Looking back, maybe given the indoor facility and practice facilities he didn't have made a difference in how the team performed.

Jim told me he Judy wanted to fire him when he held out signing his contract (for half he was offered at Bama) because he wanted outdoor facilities.

I don't know how many people on here played  even high school football but I had coaches who did a LOT worst than this to me. O Liar was responsible for a players death, and nothing.

Maybe there was a reason we gave him a ton of money to keep him from destroying us in court.

Leavitt did more for our sports program than any other three people put together. And Genshaft and Woolard did more to destroy our program than any other five people.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Good god people move on with your friggin lives...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good god people move on with your friggin lives...

I just had to be the one to boost your reputation to 4000!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I just had to be the one to boost your reputation to 4000!

You da man NAS 🤘