• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Vs Colgate in game chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The bottom and top of this conference looks weak. There is no big time giant in the AAC this year. 

Yup... that is literally what I was thinking whenI said "I wouldn't be shocked if they won 20 games.   I've seen a few of the other teams in our conference and they're not as scary as they were in... lets say... September before the season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

Yup... that is literally what I was thinking whenI said "I wouldn't be shocked if they won 20 games.   I've seen a few of the other teams in our conference and they're not as scary as they were in... lets say... September before the season.

ucf, Cincy, and Uconn are the better teams but can be beaten on any given night.  Wichita is a big step back. Houston is a question mark. SMU takes a step back. We could sweep Tulane and ECU. Bottom line the AAC is much weaker than last year. I am holding to my 15 wins but a few more is possible as long as the team gets better as the season moves on. 

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,111
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, bcgruber said:

My guess is Antune M could play that role 

He's not quick enough

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

ucf, Cincy, and Uconn are the better teams but can be beaten on any given night.  Wichita is a big step back. Houston is a question mark. SMU takes a step back. We could sweep Tulane and ECU. Bottom line the AAC is much weaker than last year. I am holding to my 15 wins but a few more is possible as long as the team gets better as the season moves on. 

I'm not seeing this weak conference at all. The league looks very balance to me with the exception of Tulane and maybe ECU. I refuse to believe that Wichita state is reduced to a bottom feeder program. I also see UCONN, Cincinnati, UCF, and Memphis being good. Memphis is looking good against a top 25 team on a neutral site right now. Houston and SMU are very solid.

I think a .500 record and a 9th place finish will be considered a successful season for USF.

AAC is about to become a very strong basketball conference with what UCONN and Memphis did in hiring Dan Hurley and Penny Hardaway respectably. 

4 minutes ago, Vega said:

I'm not seeing this weak conference at all. The league looks very balance to me with the exception of Tulane and maybe ECU. I refuse to believe that Wichita state is reduced to a bottom feeder program. I also see UCONN, Cincinnati, UCF, and Memphis being good. Memphis is looking good against a top 25 team on a neutral site right now. Houston and SMU are very solid.

I think a .500 record and a 9th place finish will be considered a successful season for USF.

AAC is about to become a very strong basketball conference with what UCONN and Memphis did in hiring Dan Hurley and Penny Hardaway respectably. 

I might have been too strong saying “much weaker” but from what I have seen so far the conference does not look as good as past years (and especially compared to last year). It’s early, let’s see what happens. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There is no big time giant in the AAC this year. 

1480054622_tacko-fall.jpg

32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

1480054622_tacko-fall.jpg

It will be a miracle if he stays healthy all year.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Fall is an imposing figure that changes the game when he's on the court.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Speaking of our "weak conference", UH took down #18 Oregon. It was a blowout in the first half.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Best way to look at it, this year, is to assume our conference is awesome and we'll be getting rolled every game. That way every conference win will be a cherished surprise ...

• Upvote 1