• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In the event VP Kelly cuts Strong loose

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

23 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Do you think there might be a little scenario/planning going on in the background right now?

I'm hoping they are doing the job - mostly this is Kelly who needs to make the move. The scenario is just so obvious as to what needs to be done here. Between the contract opportunity (to avoid a huge raise) and the chance to bring in your own coaches.

No one will think less of USF for doing this imo. It is a business decision that makes sense and typical when you have a change at AD.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

“I baked the cake at Texas. Now it’s Tom Herman’s job to put icing on the cake & win a lot of games.” - Charlie Strong

What is he baking here?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

23 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Do you think there might be a little scenario/planning going on in the background right now?

I guarantee you there is planning going on right now. There has to be changes made 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

People are looking at different things. Some see a record that is ok and a season that went 7-5 with a lot of injuries and talent having left. Others see a team that has not utilized talent since game 1 of 2017 and playcalling that is not going to appeal to the fan base and a team that is getting demonstrably worse. You look at the record and personnel and you think CCS can have another year. I look at the playcalling, players not developing and the CCS demeanor and I see way too many things that concern me to allow him to stay. I think another year of CCS is more of a gamble than cutting him loose now while it's cheap. He simply, like Holtz, doesn't look like a fit for the players and the program.

It doesn't just not appeal to the fan base.  It doesn't work.  All you have to do is watch what Heupel did when his Heisman candidate QB went down and a red shirt freshman came in and look at what we continued to do over and over and over and over all year long no matter who the QB was.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I have no inside info but I gotta believe that if MK feels he can get a home run hire he pulls the plug on Chuckles, if not he may ride another year.  Pure speculation on my part.

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Between the contract opportunity (to avoid a huge raise) and the chance to bring in your own coaches.

No one will think less of USF for doing this imo. It is a business decision that makes sense and typical when you have a change at AD.

I agree they need to do this now to save money. When a business gets new ownership they usually bring in their people...same thing with a new AD.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

Just now, chapelbull said:

It doesn't just not appeal to the fan base.  It doesn't work.  All you have to do is watch what Heupel did when his Heisman candidate QB went down and a red shirt freshman came in and look at what we continued to do over and over and over and over all year long no matter who the QB was.

I thought saying it doesn't work was unnecessary, but you are probably right. Given a 7-5 record it probably does need to be argued. It works well enough against the dogs of the dogs. Well enough to eke out wins against the worst but any talented team with coaches who watch film can neutralize it.

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I have no inside info but I gotta believe that if MK feels he can get a home run hire he pulls the plug on Chuckles, if not he may ride another year.  Pure speculation on my part.

I think he’s going to pull the plug and go with an offensive minded coach. He should know fans want entertainment and offense. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Not the Thanksgiving weekend MK wanted I'm sure. Getting that home run hire, or an acceptable hire is probably a huge factor in his decision along with finding out what the graduating seniors who can speak freely think.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Whatever happens, I hope he doesn’t drag this out too long.  The coaching carousel has gotten in to full swing

• Upvote 1