• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If tailgating is any indicator...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

It’s funny that this is still there super bowl even though they are on a 20 something game win streak. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

It’s funny that this is still there super bowl even though they are on a 20 something game win streak. 

It's called a rivalry, and no matter how good or bad you are, you want to beat the other team each and every year. When your a lot better than the other, you run up the score and rub it in their faces; when you have a poor year, you want to ruin the others season. It's just the way it is for both fan bases. I don't think them being excited for this game and treating it as a big game is funny at all, that's what makes rivalries fun. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

People never develop beyond their youth. They can workout, make more money, and over compensate all they want but deep down they are still sitting at the need table and looking for our acceptance, which will never come.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Never parked so far from the stadium before

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

18 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

Every game is the Super Bowl when your team is on the longest winning streak(current).   I remember the excitement in Norman, when the Sooners won 47 in a row.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

50:50 here on the southern outskirts.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

Thanksgiving weekend will not likely help our student attendance - especially with the way our team has played this year. It will be an ugly day on many fronts. The good news is the program will get some decent money from hosting the game this year at least. What UCF fan would not want to be at this game? They've been kicking arse for two years straight - their fans are rabid with excitement. I miss those days and yeah, we had them back when we had CJL at the helm along with Lee Roy Selmon working behind the scenes.

as much as I know the "old heads" want to put all that was good with USF solely on Jim Leavitt & draw a direct cause-and-effect link between the firing of CJL & the downfall of the program, I think the downgrade from BCS status with the Big East to "G5" status in the AAC has been just as much if not more of a factor.

the biggest driver of attendance isn't sentimentality over the coach or 10 miles between the campus & the stadium, it is PLAYING MEANINGFUL GAMES & the cold hard reality is that playing in the AAC provides fewer opportunities for meaningful games.

at the end of the day it doesnt matter whether the coach is CJL, **** Holtz, Willie T, Chuck Strong or the Trix rabbit, the fact is there would be far more USF fans at RayJay today if a Conference Championship berth were on the line.

this is not a shot at Jim Leavitt or all he did for this program (he built it from portable trailers into a major FBS program ranked #2 in the BCS), but fans fill stadiums & cheer hardest when they feel there's something tangible to cheer for, not the guy on the sidelines.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

7 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

as much as I know the "old heads" want to put all that was good with USF solely on Jim Leavitt & draw a direct cause-and-effect link between the firing of CJL & the downfall of the program, I think the downgrade from BCS status with the Big East to "G5" status in the AAC has been just as much if not more of a factor.

the biggest driver of attendance isn't sentimentality over the coach or 10 miles between the campus & the stadium, it is PLAYING MEANINGFUL GAMES & the cold hard reality is that playing in the AAC provides fewer opportunities for meaningful games.

at the end of the day it doesnt matter whether the coach is CJL, **** Holtz, Willie T, Chuck Strong or the Trix rabbit, the fact is there would be far more USF fans at RayJay today if a Conference Championship berth were on the line.

this is not a shot at Jim Leavitt or all he did for this program (he built it from portable trailers into a major FBS program ranked #2 in the BCS), but fans fill stadiums & cheer hardest when they feel there's something tangible to cheer for, not the guy on the sidelines.

CJL did not have any trailers when he got hired. He didn't even have footballs. I get what you are saying of course bt wanted to clarify that there was nothing here at all.

You seem to have taken my statements far above what they were intended to mean. I just miss the brand of football USF used to play with CJL. That is long gone.

And while you might claim the conference change is the biggest problem-- and I would not disagree-- I would posit that firing CJL was the first step to the demise of USF football being on track to stay with the P5 some day - even with the dismantling of the BCS/BE . Hard to argue that I am wrong as this is purely conjecture on my part-- but not all of the teams from the BE got left behind. Properly positioned and without a dip in team performance (and fan support)-- who knows if we get shut out of the P5.

anyway... that was not my original intent with my post. Just missing the emotionally vested sideline that CJL gave us-- and solid defense with depth at linebacker etc etc. Hope we get back there someday but not holding my breath. This AAC conference (and more importantly-- the HUGE drop off in TV/Bowl money) is not helping us get there.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

My god when will our fans get over the fact we are not in a P5 conference and our #2 ranking was a long, long, long time ago...stop making it an excuse...