• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What did Strong say?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

He said back in August:

“It just means we have to keep getting better and improving," Strong said. "I don't know the number, but we have to have a good year. We had 11 wins and 10 wins the last two seasons. … No, 7-6 won't work this season.”

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2018/08/12/usf-football-wants-success-with-no-mistaken-identity/

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Generally I agree, but I am old and don’t have to worry about the value of my degree. Give me good football! 

I like this kind of thinking. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Generally I agree, but I am old and don’t have to worry about the value of my degree. Give me good football! 

Preach!!! 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

3M people in Tampa and we can't get 30K consistently.  

Additionally, we are now one generation (20 years) into football.  We should see acceleration with growth over the next decade.  

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

I like this kind of thinking. 

Yeah, I never used by degree in Social Justice Warfare anyway.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

CCS was a terrible hire that brought little to no "hype" or excitement to this USF program.

He couldn't win at TX so why would we expect him to win here?

We should've saved our time and money and promoted King to head coach and kept the idea of being "Bay Made."

I expect those golden showers to lay 70 on us easily which hurts me to say but it will happen.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

3M people in Tampa and we can't get 30K consistently.  

Additionally, we are now one generation (20 years) into football.  We should see acceleration with growth over the next decade.  

Go Bulls!

As Sports Illustrated noted some 20 plus years ago...the key to college football attendance is to get STUDENTS to attend games as those that do ATTEND games are much more likely to buy season tix once they become alumni vs those that were not engaged in football while they went to schoo.

The challenge now is that on many campuses, attending sporting events is not a priority for a growing number of students...as it seems many prefer to sit in their dorm/apartment and just stare at their phones/tablets/computers.

Obviously, having an on-campus stadium helps with student attendance and one hopefully sees that payoff for decades to come when some (not all or even a majority) of them become season tix holders and boostes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

16 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

As Sports Illustrated noted some 20 plus years ago...the key to college football attendance is to get STUDENTS to attend games as those that do ATTEND games are much more likely to buy season tix once they become alumni vs those that were not engaged in football while they went to schoo.

The challenge now is that on many campuses, attending sporting events is not a priority for a growing number of students...as it seems many prefer to sit in their dorm/apartment and just stare at their phones/tablets/computers.

Obviously, having an on-campus stadium helps with student attendance and one hopefully sees that payoff for decades to come when some (not all or even a majority) of them become season tix holders and boostes.

How many games have you attended at SMU's stadium?  Thousands of kids tailgating outside, hundreds actually go inside.  You need to win and have quality opponents.  Doesn't matter where the stadium is. Just MHO.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

How many games have you attended at SMU's stadium?  Thousands of kids tailgating outside, hundreds actually go inside.  You need to win and have quality opponents.  Doesn't matter where the stadium is. Just MHO.

1) Did you just compare at HUGE Public Institution like S. Florida with over 50,000 students to a small private school with only 6,500 undergrad students in SMU? Ok, all would say, "that was dumb".

2) I hope you get your wish in your believe that it "doesn't matter" where a college football stadium is located or even if you don't even have one like your school.

Edited by Knight_Light
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Win a conference championship. That has been our goal for 20+ years. No conference champ in a major sport since 1995 isn't going to get fans enthused.

• Upvote 2