• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Univ S. Alabama--full speed ahead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

14 hours ago, South Tampa said:

You would think we would learn that while ucf’s stadium is nothing special, it’s why they are where they are.  It’s all about recruiting and it’s much easier to recruit on campus.

12 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not buying that correlation

i thought an OCS was supposed to solve the attendance issues

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Well there you go some stimulation of topic instead of fire the coach, players, mascot, cheerleaders. Constructive( no pun intended) points of view pro-con and ah, pointless. My intent with all things considered as projected by replies, was to show the rapid growth of a young FBS program. Point about Tampa's pro teams..maybe that "should" stimulate more interest in USF not diminish it? As for fan base at UCF..Watch those fans on tv and most are really into it kinda nice to see. Yes, if they were 7-3 maybe it would be emptier?? Since 7-3 is considered a losing season by some...Note: I truly believe that we may just beat UCF. We may just play up to this team.   My opinion? ( I know I know) USF needs to create their own identity with a OCS and the Practice Facility --IF-- the administration wants to see it's team rise to national prominence..then, we will see if it helps propel us into the so-called p5. But, you gotta win a championship first. That seems to be something that we just cant do in any conference. We consistently only get to the top 3rd rung of that ladder never the top. IF, we had all the structural amenities & staff to build an annually great football team and still couldn't do it?? the problem is something else...maybe the lack of heart, hunger, desire, pride?? 

Ok, fire away I can take it...🤨

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

21 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Well there you go some stimulation of topic instead of fire the coach, players, mascot, cheerleaders. Constructive( no pun intended) points of view pro-con and ah, pointless. My intent with all things considered as projected by replies, was to show the rapid growth of a young FBS program. Point about Tampa's pro teams..maybe that "should" stimulate more interest in USF not diminish it? As for fan base at UCF..Watch those fans on tv and most are really into it kinda nice to see. Yes, if they were 7-3 maybe it would be emptier?? Since 7-3 is considered a losing season by some...Note: I truly believe that we may just beat UCF. We may just play up to this team.   My opinion? ( I know I know) USF needs to create their own identity with a OCS and the Practice Facility --IF-- the administration wants to see it's team rise to national prominence..then, we will see if it helps propel us into the so-called p5. But, you gotta win a championship first. That seems to be something that we just cant do in any conference. We consistently only get to the top 3rd rung of that ladder never the top. IF, we had all the structural amenities & staff to build an annually great football team and still couldn't do it?? the problem is something else...maybe the lack of heart, hunger, desire, pride?? 

Ok, fire away I can take it...🤨

Most of the other points have been discussed over the years.  This one makes me worry about you.  Hope to God you are right but the word delusional popped into my head.  😧

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Most of the other points have been discussed over the years.  This one makes me worry about you.  Hope to God you are right but the word delusional popped into my head.  😧

The best chance and perhaps the only chance is to score a crap ton of points...ucf’s defense parts like the Red Sea. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Man some of us thought South Florida was bad geographically, but South Alabama is going to be way worse. Bad logo, bad new name. I’m hoping football can make a stand for a couple of games to get everything back on an upswing.

:stirpot:

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Still don’t get how FAU is able to build this (better than UCF IMO) at 80 mil, yet USF admin and fans believe than a decent ON CAMPUS stadium would cost hundreds of millions that “we don’t have.” 

Pure BS.

EB752847-1B17-4D43-A807-460A87335867.jpeg

2 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Still don’t get how FAU is able to build this (better than UCF IMO) at 80 mil, yet USF admin and fans believe than a decent ON CAMPUS stadium would cost hundreds of millions that “we don’t have.” 

Pure BS.

EB752847-1B17-4D43-A807-460A87335867.jpeg

Both UCF and FAU had to build stadiums.  They had no where else to play.  If they did, I think, and it's just my opinion, they would have waited to build something better also.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Both UCF and FAU had to build stadiums.  They had no where else to play.  If they did, I think, and it's just my opinion, they would have waited to build something better also.

This is correct. If we had a legitimate reason to do so it would happen. Too bad the Bucs are around...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is correct. If we had a legitimate reason to do so it would happen. Too bad the Bucs are around...

The tinmen could’ve kept playing in the hi-C bowl if they really wanted to. But they made a choice to invest in their campus rather than pay rent to someone else. It’s all about making choices. I would’ve preferred them to go play at one of the local high schools, but they created a rust bucket and their going to host game day at their ******** campus. We could’ve been a contender 

4 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

The tinmen could’ve kept playing in the hi-C bowl if they really wanted to. But they made a choice to invest in their campus rather than pay rent to someone else. It’s all about making choices. I would’ve preferred them to go play at one of the local high schools, but they created a rust bucket and their going to host game day at their ******** campus. We could’ve been a contender 

No, they couldn't.  The Citrus Bowl was scheduled to go through major renovations (basically rebuilding it).  They would have been without a home for at least two seasons.  There really were no other options in the area.