• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Route Combinations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Couple things:

• On point #3, was Ford motioned/split out wide also?  If he was over the middle, I suspect he was.  The point in BDYZR's (I think) and my criticism was we don't seem to realize that RBs can receive when lined up in the backfield.  Perhaps they have to split wide to be recognized as a pass catcher.  I'm guessing Ford was first option in either of those instances, because:
  • This may be most important, but as has been mentioned elsewhere, BB does not run through progressions, and usually a RB receiving a pass out of the backfield is the result of a checkdown process.  If BB does not check down, I guess it's not really fair of us to expect our RBs to catch passes out of the backfield.  

He actually was lined up in the backfield. Came out of the backfield and ran right by the LB. Regardless, I agree that plays/concepts like this should be ran much more often. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, IBulleve said:

He actually was lined up in the backfield. Came out of the backfield and ran right by the LB. 

Gotta say ... I'm a bit shocked.  

54 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Gotta say ... I'm a bit shocked.  

The play is at 2:14:18 on the YouTube video of the game for anyone interested. Wish I had more examples of great playcalling to refer back on. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I thought one of the things said about Cronkrite was that he is a complete back with good hands out of the backfield. How many passes has he been targeted on?

Just looked it up. 5 catches, 22yds.  And Ford - 1 catch, 39 yds.

Just wait till next year... again

Are you using copy and paste?  Believe I've seen this on other posts.  😉

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

36 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

The play is at 2:14:18 on the YouTube video of the game for anyone interested. Wish I had more examples of great playcalling to refer back on. 

Just a comment.  Houston and Tulane are the first games I've deleted from the DVR without looking at any portion of them. Bad enough watching it live and couldn't revisit them.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just a comment.  Houston and Tulane are the first games I've deleted from the DVR without looking at any portion of them. Bad enough watching it live and couldn't revisit them.

I did the same. I have never rewatched a game where we have lost and I am not starting with these two...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think Barnett is just not that good. At least, he is very inconsistent and many plays he doesn't make the best decision. 

4 minutes ago, Gismo said:

I think Barnett is just not that good. At least, he is very inconsistent and many plays he doesn't make the best decision. 

He’s really not bad. I rewatched the game and there were maybe 3 throws he missed. On the flip side, there were 4-5 that were straight dimes, including the incompletetion to Ford. 

How many legitimately good QBs are there out there across the country? Tua, Lawerence, Haskins, Murray, Lock, Herbert, King, Milton, Grier, Finley, McSorely, Tate(?). That’s a total of 12 out of 130 teams. Barnett is at worst a slightly above avg college QB. Gilbert certainly doesn’t do him any favors either. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

32 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

He’s really not bad. I rewatched the game and there were maybe 3 throws he missed. On the flip side, there were 4-5 that were straight dimes, including the incompletetion to Ford. 

How many legitimately good QBs are there out there across the country? Tua, Lawerence, Haskins, Murray, Lock, Herbert, King, Milton, Grier, Finley, McSorely, Tate(?). That’s a total of 12 out of 130 teams. Barnett is at worst a slightly above avg college QB. Gilbert certainly doesn’t do him any favors either. 

Neither does the O-Line

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, Gismo said:

He is good but nothing great or special. It’s pretty understandable why he did not make it at Bama. We have to hope he gets better during the off-season.