• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you aren’t under the Fire Strong movement yet.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Maybe, but then what happens we fire him after two years, because apparently that's enough time these days.

If you are trending in the right direction, like fCWT, I don't think he'd get fired.  We are trending on the field, not record wise, in the wrong direction.  If we can win either Cinci or Temple this will all calm down.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, CousinRicky said:

If you are trending in the right direction, like fCWT, I don't think he'd get fired.  We are trending on the field, not record wise, in the wrong direction.  If we can win either Cinci or Temple this will all calm down.  

I agree if things looked better week after week people would be calmer. We look worse each and every game. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Even xCWT got more than two years before he started, "trending in the right direction"

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Apis Bull said:

So, what coach can you think of that would take the job, knowing that they could be fired after two years, even though they had a winning record?

Process over results. If you're already seeing cracks in the culture of the locker room then you should probably make that change sooner rather than later. Also, I don't see this upcoming 3 game slate inspiring any comeback stories or team epiphanies that bring them together. Hope I'm wrong, but lets call a spade a spade here. 

To answer your question, I can think of a coach at Toledo who's making ~$500k this year and would surely love to double (or triple?) his salary...and recruit the state of Florida more successfully than he already has the past few years. His teams are really fun to watch too. 

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Even xCWT got more than two years before he started, "trending in the right direction"

The team he took over was also a dumpster fire. CCS arrived to a much better situation 

1 minute ago, SoFlo All Day said:

To answer your question, I can think of a coach at Toledo who's making ~$500k this year and would surely love to double (or triple?) his salary...and recruit the state of Florida more successfully than he already has the past few years. His teams are really fun to watch too. 

As I said before, maybe.  What makes you think he'd want to make what is in effect a lateral move to a team that just fired a winning head coach after two seasons?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

As I said before, maybe.  What makes you think he'd want to make what is in effect a lateral move to a team that just fired a winning head coach after two seasons?

Not sure doubling your salary is a lateral move.  Again, we all have different ideas of phrases.  Same job title but twice the money seems like a promotion to me.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

He’d leave for double or triple the money. Plus living is better here than Toledo 

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure doubling your salary is a lateral move.  Again, we all have different ideas of phrases.  Same job title but twice the money seems like a promotion to me.

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

He’d leave for double or triple the money. Plus living is better here than Toledo 

You're probably right, but what happens if he's not successful after two seasons?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Face it people, this is the type of talk that is bound to occur when you hire a P5 coach and get Div ll results.

If your HC can't even instill discipline in the team, he's failed.

Edited by Azmodi