• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you aren’t under the Fire Strong movement yet.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Not saying coach strong does not like change but I did grab a pic of his phone....

7C6FA550-277C-40D6-9316-EC9EE119C8A1.jpeg

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Leavitt knew from the start what Taggart learned the hard way. When you're not a top level program you build on what you can get, not on what you want. Big smart offensive lineman are the unicorns of D1. We're not getting them. We do, however, have access to speed and over-achievers, and that usually fits in better on defense.

Bingo!!!

When you aren’t a top 5 team, you adjust your scheme to the players.

Thus the juco standouts, undersized speedsters and guys who just need additional time to develop were what fed our rise. And you’re 100% correct, this is usually translated easier to the defensive side of the ball where overall aggression and effort (mixed with some Florida speed) can overcome other deficiencies.

This is why the dual-threat qbs work here as well. Sandlot improvisational guys (Grothe, Q, BJ, Marquell) can make something out of nothing on the offensive side of things and it will work.

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not saying coach strong does not like change but I did grab a pic of his phone....

7C6FA550-277C-40D6-9316-EC9EE119C8A1.jpeg

I would have guessed he was a pager man myself...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498

18 hours ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Now is the time!!!!! No excuse for this game! It is clear he has lost this team. LOOK AT THIS EMBARRASSMENT! Don’t wave that 17-3 or whatever wand at me. We were never as good as our record. Strong sucks, his staff sucks, and now he has an embarrassing loss to hang around that neck along with a pathetic record against teams that matter. 

He needs to go. Time to get real folks. Face reality. 

Letting him go is basically hitting the reset button, again.  Recruiting will take a step back and we'll have some players transfer out.  We'll have another season of mediocrity while a new coach learns how to "use the talent".  Forum posters will create "fire the new coach" threads because he is not winning immediately with our hotbed of talent.  The sun will rise.  The sun will set.  We'll still be in the American conference.  Life goes on.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Letting him go is basically hitting the reset button, again.  Recruiting will take a step back and we'll have some players transfer out.  We'll have another season of mediocrity while a new coach learns how to "use the talent".  Forum posters will create "fire the new coach" threads because he is not winning immediately with our hotbed of talent.  The sun will rise.  The sun will set.  We'll still be in the American conference.  Life goes on.

It appears to me that UCF got a new coach who is doing just fine with the players and system he inherited. Hmm

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806

Strong gets one more year at a minimum. Losing record next year and I think we make the change.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Strong gets one more year at a minimum. Losing record next year and I think we make the change.

I am good with this. The only issue is that we have to figure this year if we pay a $2 mil. That he is guaranteed 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

CCS needs to fire his dc and oc and bring in guys who will utilize Florida speed/talent.

On offense we need to run a fast tempo spread offense where the qb releases the ball quickly and lets play makers make plays. Our qb should also be a leader similar to Grothe or Flowers. This team has zero leadership. We will never have the oline talent to be a pro style or power run team. We need to get our running backs out in space, and throw to them more than once a year. We do not use the talent we have to the best of it's ability. There is NO reason we shouldn't be in the top 2 or 3 in the AAC every year.

On defense go back to the CJL style of players. Our defense is so soft its pathetic.

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am good with this. The only issue is that we have to figure this year if we pay a $2 mil. That he is guaranteed 

That's a tough question

19 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

It appears to me that UCF got a new coach who is doing just fine with the players and system he inherited. Hmm

That's because they run an offense that makes sense for the talent they have.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Hey maybe CCS will call a timeout and retired and walk off the field.