• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you aren’t under the Fire Strong movement yet.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

did you forget to quote someone on this thread who was actually defending CCS? I don't see many posts rallying to support him. But I also don't see the point of making some grand statement about how you are on the bandwagon to get him out of here either.

No one cares about what some fans think. No one. These decisions get made by people living in a bubble. What they might notice is a drop in attendance and donations. But someone on some message board screaming to fire a coach is pretty much ignored imo.

but you know-- good luck with all that. They sure as hell didn't listen to those of us who begged them NOT to fire CJL.

I think the general belief by most is that we’re venting hard core here and the powers that be aren’t going to print these out to bring to their decision making meetings. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

4 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:
4 hours ago, Calibull said:

With Judy gone we could go after him again.  Who knows? These are strange times my friend.

Maybe in the contract there will be a clause where he can slap anyone he wants to! 😊

It would not surprise me one bit to see CJL return to USF to coach again some day. Look at his mentor-- Snyder at KSU has come back several times. Granted he did not have an ugly incident blown out of proportion (or the needless coverup that caused the actual firing according to most reports I've seen).

I don't think we can afford CJL anymore though-- he is the most expensive DC in the entire Pac-12 mmaking close to head coaching money for most G5 conferences. I wold welcome it though. 2nd time is the charm

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

It would not surprise me one bit to see CJL return to USF to coach again some day. Look at his mentor-- Snyder at KSU has come back several times. Granted he did not have an ugly incident blown out of proportion (or the needless coverup that caused the actual firing according to most reports I've seen).

I don't think we can afford CJL anymore though-- he is the most expensive DC in the entire Pac-12 mmaking close to head coaching money for most G5 conferences. I wold welcome it though. 2nd time is the charm

What do the donors think of him?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

CJL had passion for UsF football and no one since has really ever seemed to care about the program.  I would welcome him back and from the look of the stands in the 3rd quarter, others would as well.

1 minute ago, Thebullsfan said:

What do the donors think of him?

As a doner, I would be thrilled.  Unfortunately I do not have the finances to be a big donor.

3 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

CJL had passion for UsF football and no one since has really ever seemed to care about the program.  I would welcome him back and from the look of the stands in the 3rd quarter, others would as well.

As a doner, I would be thrilled.  Unfortunately I do not have the finances to be a big donor.

There might be a sign next game in section 239 saying, "BRING BACK JIM LEAVITT!"

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Thebullsfan said:

There might be a sign next game in section 239 saying, "BRING BACK JIM LEAVITT!"

“That might be awfully powerful”

F073B4AD-091E-4965-9A25-57702F05E538.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

anyone who has ever attended any USF event where CJL addressed the crowd understands how passionate he was about our program.

The guy could talk for an hour with that level of excitement and he wasn't all talk-- he was out there busting his butt every day for the team. Yeah-- he never got us over some big time hump or whatever. But to just toss him away instead of giving him a suspension or whatever was totally dumb imo. Schools like OSU or Bama don't treat their coaches like that-- they do what they have to in order to keep them in the fold. It was short sighted and petty behavior to fire him, bordering on a "witch hunt" style of attack -- and I firmly believe there were prominent donors involved-- ones who did not like CJL for whatever reasons (perhaps he didn't kiss their butts). At that point, the administration was too weak to overcome their complaints or worried that without those donors they could afford to continue-- and they used whatever convenient excuse they had available to dump him at the first opportunity.

but let's not get overly sold on this happening and see what we can salvage out of the CCS situation first. I feel we need to stop talking so negatively about him. It is like you are trying to sell your house but want to point out every structural flaw in the building. Maryland wants him? come on down! We might even be willing to cut them a deal on his buyout.... until then-- keep the faith ;)

11 minutes ago, MikeG said:

anyone who has ever attended any USF event where CJL addressed the crowd understands how passionate he was about our program.

The guy could talk for an hour with that level of excitement and he wasn't all talk-- he was out there busting his butt every day for the team. Yeah-- he never got us over some big time hump or whatever. But to just toss him away instead of giving him a suspension or whatever was totally dumb imo.

THIS!!!!!!!!!! Gonna work on my sign. Might even start the paper bags if these 2 next games are really really really bad.

Might even spike my hair like him and yell the whole game.

Edited by Thebullsfan

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

13 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!! Gonna work on my sign. Might even start the paper bags if these 2 next games are really really really bad.

Might even spike my hair like him and yell the whole game.

if we come, might just make the same sign.

Just now, snarling Bull said:

if we come, might just make the same sign.

I can make a graphic for it... possibly send it to you so you can print your own?