• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Get Rid of Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

THIS

If we had a coach who could beat better teams, we wouldn't have him for long. And as @puc86 pointed out. The odds of us plucking the next guy out of obscurity that we can afford and having him be better isn't a great bet.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I think Charlie could be very successful here.

Well... It is only year one and a half, right?  My memory is bad though.  I remember Willie going to Oregon for a minute.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Not to attack your opinion because you’ve made valid points. Honest question, don’t you worry that he’s just flat out average? “8-8/7-9 bs” as Jeff Fisher once said? 

I get it, it’s better than CWTs first year, but that should be an anomaly, not something we are grateful not to see. 

Please don’t mention Fisher in the same paragraph as CCS....😂

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

He's won 17 games he was supposed to. Lost to UCF where the talent was equal. Lost to Houston last year where the talent was at best negligible in our favor. And lost to a Houston team this year that CLEARLY had more talent on the lines, at QB, and in the matchup with their WRs against our DBs. 

Exactly. I'd say GT had similar talent. Point is, his resume here, despite the winning percentage, is unspectacular. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

Exactly. I'd say GT had similar talent. Point is, his resume here, despite the winning percentage, is unspectacular. 

Sounds like another coach we have rose colored glasses about :D

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I don't care if Taggart was forced into the change or not, he got some great guys here, and got it turned around. That was the most entertaining offense we've had here, and in the end were better fir his being here.

I think Charlie could be very successful here. I could see this team being pretty good next year...and we're still in the hunt this year, but he's done nothing great here so far. He can recruit, and I suspect future seasons will look a lot like this one. Enough talent to beat the bad teams...which there should continue to be plenty of those on our schedule...but won't be able to get over the hump against the better teams we play. Hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.

I don’t care how CWT came to turn it around I care that the turnaround seems to be an unsustainable fluke based on a gimmicky offense that has shown zero ability to be sustainably successful. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Sounds like another coach we have rose colored glasses about :D

More garnet 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

So just to summarize the argument. You would like us to have a coach who can both recruit great players AND be spectacular with Xs and Os? Let me know when you have our replacement lined up. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please don’t mention Fisher in the same paragraph as CCS....😂

Fisher won a AFC Championship. CCS won a Sugar Bowl. Not sure where you’re going with that 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

Fisher won a AFC Championship. CCS won a Sugar Bowl. Not sure where you’re going with that 

Really? The dude ran the Rams into the ground. Fisher winning an AFC championship was due to pure fluke miracle. Give me CCS any day over Fisher.