• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls best 6-0 football team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, so I agree we are the worst 6-0 football team Quarters 1-3, but we are the best 6-0 football team in the 4th quarter.  This team does not flinch in the 4th quarter when down by 2 scores and pulls out the victory.  Bulls 4th quarter football is very very entertaining.  Some of my humble points on the teams wins:

1. The coaching on the offensive seems predictable, close to the vest and execution is not that great Q 1-3, when we are down in 4th Q, the coaches have no choice but to open up the playbook and let our players out skill our competition.  Yes our receivers and running backs are very good and better then the other team  

2. Even thou at times the QB seems timing on throws are off, he gives us the best chance to win.   He also makes some great runs when needed to keep drives alive.  Some better coaching and he can improve quickly.

3. Our run defense is Swiss cheese.  I have no answers here.  We need a mean streak.

4. I loved big east football with Jim L. Teams, but face it after 5-0 start we would have lost this game.

5. 6-0 baby, just win.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

Ok, so I agree we are the worst 6-0 football team Quarters 1-3, but we are the best 6-0 football team in the 4th quarter.  This team does not flinch in the 4th quarter when down by 2 scores and pulls out the victory.  Bulls 4th quarter football is very very entertaining.  Some of my humble points on the teams wins:

1. The coaching on the offensive seems predictable, close to the vest and execution is not that great Q 1-3, when we are down in 4th Q, the coaches have no choice but to open up the playbook and let our players out skill our competition.  Yes our receivers and running backs are very good and better then the other team  

2. Even thou at times the QB seems timing on throws are off, he gives us the best chance to win.   He also makes some great runs when needed to keep drives alive.  Some better coaching and he can improve quickly.

3. Our run defense is Swiss cheese.  I have no answers here.  We need a mean streak.

4. I loved big east football with Jim L. Teams, but face it after 5-0 start we would have lost this game.

5. 6-0 baby, just win.

#4 is spot on. I never remembered CJL winning one of these ever. I do remember being on the other side though (I see you Uconn). 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

#4 is spot on. I never remembered CJL winning one of these ever. I do remember being on the other side though (I see you Uconn). 

Kansas game? Auburn? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Thebullsfan said:

Kansas game? Auburn? 

These wins always took place in the beginning of the season. Then began the late season swoons.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I love Jim Louk

Check out @USFjimlouk’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/USFjimlouk/status/1050946181847769088?s=09

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

These wins always took place in the beginning of the season. Then began the late season swoons.

CJL + October = :puke:

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

No one can remember a time CJL beat a 1-5 conference usa team in October? Maybe it had something to do with us not playing them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Kansas game? Auburn? 

Auburn was OT. Had plenty of those. Don't remember the KU game ...... but we have to have had some last second pulling victory from the jaws of defeat before this one, don't we?

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Auburn was OT. Had plenty of those. Don't remember the KU game ...... but we have to have had some last second pulling victory from the jaws of defeat before this one, don't we?

Kansas game but we traded the lead a few times in the 2nd half but won with 2 seconds left and made a field goal.

Fan Reaction

Edited by Thebullsfan
Had to add the fan reaction of a capacity crowd at Ray Jay

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Kansas game but we traded the lead a few times in the 2nd half but won with 2 seconds left and made a field goal.

That definitely qualifies ...