• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Execution

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Barnett looked bad up until the 4th quarter and receivers dropped a few catchable passes, but I think that every single time Wilcox was targeted he caught the ball.  This to me showed lack of creativity in play calling and trying to rely on Cronkrite to save us again. Screens, sweeps, and quick slants seem to be the plague for whatever reason and I saw run after run with some deep shots thrown in the majority of the night. We don’t look prepared to attack, and that was even more obvious on the 2 pt conversion. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

So what time is Gilbert being executed?83184248.jpg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I am in favor of the execution of the defensive and offensive play calling. 😂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Did you say EXECUTION??? Y'all bout to see ma "OH NO" face.

maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

Edited by Azmodi
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

There’s a lot of execution problems if you want to look. 

OL is an easy target but sometimes they make it easy to pick on them. Our second offensive play both tackles pull to the center and bump into each other. We went from 2d and 4 to 3d and 7. I got through the first few offensive series and inevitably on every series there’s one significant mess up by someone on the OL. Then when they get it together then someone else does something wrong.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

The biggest issue I've seen from our offense the last few weeks has been the inability to pickup the blitz.

I feel it started vs ECU and they had success with it, and now every team since has been blitzing us on every obvious passing down with great success. Barnett's been getting knocked around and rattled early, which affects him throughout the game. Last week he got hit so much early in the game that he started feeling pressure that wasn't even there later in the game, which caused bad throws. We need to find a way to slow down the blitz. I feel like a RB screen behind a blitz would go for a big play consistently, and would make teams think twice about sending the house. Or if anything, on an obvious passing down instead if sending 4 or 5 guys out on routes, max protect and send two guys out on routes. Our WR's are talented enough to beat man coverage. Give Barnett time to throw and let our guys make a play on the ball. We just have to keep the QB upright.

All I know is we have to do something to help out our young o-line with the blitz, otherwise teams will continue to do it and our offense will never get in sync.