• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Execution

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I hate to start a new thread on this, but I never really weigh in on the Xs and Os.

I thought we showed a **** load of poor execution. We can blame the play calling all we want, but there were more than a handful of plays that could have made this game a lot more palatable. BB missed a lot of open receivers. Saloman wasn't bad by any stretch, but let's just say he comes down with half of those 50/50 balls thrown his way. That's huge. St. Felix could have bailed out a bad BB pass on the goaline. It wasn't a good pass (execution) and it would have taken a great catch to turn that play into something, but that's 4 points left on the board. The blocked kick, obviously. BB made an atrocious throw throwing across his body that would have netted a first down. The o-line was god awful. I'm sure I missed something for the people that aren't ready to hang Gilbert and CCS just yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Good luck with this ....

"Bad" wins and losses are on the coaching. "Good" wins are on the players .... Saw a lot of the same things but didn't want to step in front of the runaway train. Gilbert wasn't perfect tonight but the blame for the closeness of this game goes to the players' overall execution.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Good luck with this ....

"Bad" wins and losses are on the coaching. "Good" wins are on the players .... Saw a lot of the same things but didn't want to step in front of the runaway train. Gilbert wasn't perfect tonight but the blame for the closeness of this game goes to the players' overall execution.

I forget which president said the quote, but basically it was, "When things are going good, it's the players, when things are going bad, it's the coach. Same as being president."

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We really need to work the intermediate passing game better. I dunno if it's Barnett or Gilbert but we fall in love with the deep ball for long stretches of games. When we work the middle of the field and the side lines on intermediate stuff this offense is hard to stop. But if it's Barnett just making his mind up before the snap or Gilbert just calling the plays that way we just forget that there are more options than the deep ball or inside runs and the offense struggles 

Edited by Bull Dozer

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I forget which president said the quote, but basically it was, "When things are going good, it's the players, when things are going bad, it's the coach. Same as being president."

Probably Reagan .... I think he played Knute Rockne in a movie once?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We really need to work the intermediate passing game better. I dunno if it's Barnett or Gilbert but we fall in love with the deep ball for long stretches of games. When we work the middle of the field and the side lines on intermediate stuff this offense is hard to stop. But if it's Barnett just making his mind up before the snap or Gilbert just calling the plays that way we just forget that there are more options than the deep ball or inside runs and the offense struggles 

Excellent point...where did those passes go? Only Mitch had a presence in that range. Are all the others going long? 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The lack of intermediate passes has to be Gilbert...it was the same deal the last three years with QF.  But then it was said that maybe Q couldn't throw those.  What are the chances of that AND BB not being about to as well?  vs Gilbert not calling them?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Execution? I am all for it...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Probably Reagan .... I think he played Knute Rockne in a movie once?

Is it too late to have you change the title of this thread to, "Burn It All Down!" so I can get more people to take a look at it?

Just now, JTrue said:

Is it too late to have you change the title of this thread to, "Burn It All Down!" so I can get more people to take a look at it?

It's doable if you'd like me to .... Just say the word.