• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, puc86 said:

We are in a rebuilding year and there is nothing any of us on this board can do to fix any of the ills playing new players in key positions will create for us. Yet by some miracle we are winning, the time for celebrating is now.

Yup and I've done that after 5 games but also don't lose sight of the bigger picture. You're playing checkers I'm playing chess. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Nor particularly. But believe what you want. Also yes people here have argued that seriously here. 

I want to refuse to believe anyone would seriously make that argument but I will accept your account of it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Thebullsfan said:

Tulsa will destory us!!!

Worth repeating 

48 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I refuse to accept the AAC as our peers, more like captors.

Agreed! Never Stop Making USF Great. Down with the Power 5

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Agreed! Never Stop Making USF Great. Down with the Power 5

I don’t want to bring them down. I want to join them and then oppress the G5. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

That 30-4 is impressive until you look under the hood:

• 2015 Best Win* - Temple (Final 2016 Sagarin Rating #52)
  • 2016 Best Win - Navy (#61); note: 0-2 against teams from inside the Sagarin Top 50
  • 2017 Best Win - Texas Tech (#48); note: 1-1 against teams from inside the Sagarin Top 50
  • 2018 Best Win - Georgia Tech (#41 Sagarin Rating as of this week)

We’ve gotten fat on a pretty soft schedule, have had Quinton Flowers to thank for most of those wins, and have failed to win any of our marquee matchups during that time frame (0-3 against Sagarin Top 40 teams). When you realize that our defense is bad (#98 nationally) and our offense doesn’t have Flowers to bail them out any more you’ll know that you’ll probably want to stop your arbitrary end points after Game 36 when this team goes 1-4 to end the season and your arguement collapses on itself. We are not tired of winning. We are tired of losing the games that matter.

*only includes the 2015 Best Win for the arbitrary starting point of mid-2015.

Bry, this is the crux of what the poster said. We don’t care about overall marquee wins . They will come and we,lol get them but on the way, Probability says we win a lot, lately. And that is FREAKING AWESOME.

29 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t want to bring them down. I want to join them and then oppress the G5. 

An honest revolutionary, how rare!

18 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

An honest revolutionary, how rare!

Colonialism is in my DNA why should I have to suppress who I am while everyone else gets to embrace whatever their inner voices tell them they are? IDK if I would even enjoy being in a conference bringing in $30-$40 million a year if I didn't know on some teams message board out there some poor fans weren't lamenting about how unfair it was they were bringing in less than $3 million and spouting off some ridiculous claim about how they were P6 (even though they had none of the money or prestige that make up the power).   

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think it probably goes back 13 years and USF fans waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop when it comes to conf championships ...... but I guess I'll still never understand the premature frustration setting in.

5 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Some people believe the status quo will get us where we want to go others want to see us fix what has cost us in the past. It's the whole insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

The status quo is playing winning football, bottom line.

I guess I'll let you young whippersnappers get all frustrated and concerned about stuff that hasn't happened yet ... may not happen. Life's too short, so I'll just continue to go blissfully along, enjoying 5-0 and mourn another year of no conf championship if/when we're actually eliminated.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

The status quo is playing winning football, bottom line.

I guess I'll let you young whippersnappers get all frustrated and concerned about stuff that hasn't happened yet ... may not happen. Life's too short, so I'll just continue to go blissfully along, enjoying 5-0 and mourn another year of no conf championship if/when we're actually eliminated.

If we manage to lose 4 of our final 5 games I would like to think I will handle it well since this was supposed to be a rebuilding year but if I know me as well as I think I know me I’m sure I will take it horribly and make tons of hyperbolic statements. However what does that have to do with now? What’s the point of getting upset about what we could possibly lose at a future date when at current things are going swimmingly? Is it to help cushion the blow? Some reverse jinx thing? Seriously I don’t get winning this much and being mad that you suspect at some point it may not continue at this rate. There will be plenty of time for outrage if and when we get to a point to be outraged but these are the best of times why focus on getting past the winning and getting back to our good old fashioned losing? We certainly are an odd bunch.