• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie is 1,000% right!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Is he gonna get a job with the local paper? 

We need our own Bianchi, but I don't think it will ever happen unfortunately.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Florida fans in general have a habit of not attending games and/or not caring about their local teams (except FSU/UF fans which are purely college towns). I still remember how empty the seats were for Heat games even when they had Lebron. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Florida fans in general have a habit of not attending games and/or not caring about their local teams (except FSU/UF fans which are purely college towns). I still remember how empty the seats were for Heat games even when they had Lebron. 

Miami sucks ass as a sports town. It is easily the most overrated city in America and I say that as someone who grew up in the area from 1977-1996 and lived there again from 2000-2004.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Miami sucks ass as a sports town. It is easily the most overrated city in America and I say that as someone who grew up in the area from 1977-1996 and lived there again from 2000-2004.

Yep! Couldn’t even sell out a playoff game with the Dolphins when they played the Ravens a decade ago. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Yep! Couldn’t even sell out a playoff game with the Dolphins when they played the Ravens a decade ago. 

I walked up for World Series tickets in 1997 just to see a WS game. And it was probably 60-40 Cubs fans for the 2003 NLCS when I was there.

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I walked up for World Series tickets in 1997 just to see a WS game. And it was probably 60-40 Cubs fans for the 2003 NLCS when I was there.

I was there to watch a Knicks game in 2005 (I’m a Knicks fan) and it was about 50/50 with fans. This was when the Knicks sucked with Marbury and the Heat had a championship team with Shaq/DWade.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

“You look at our football team, and everybody sees what we have. And no one ever writes about it, no one ever talks about it.

"No one" ...... "ever"?? Come on, Charlie, that is message board rhetoric that's going to make it even harder to accomplish what you want ...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

What to watch - Not a word;

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#trash/FMfcgxvzKQsXSdlpNmDnhmSJrdkPFFDr

I will say that SOMEONE in marketing at USF should have the responsibility of making sure that EVERY place that USF games can be announced is in there. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

"No one" ...... "ever"?? Come on, Charlie, that is message board rhetoric that's going to make it even harder to accomplish what you want ...

While "no one ever" is not true, he's not wrong at all about what he's saying.  There's not a single reason that Florida and FSU make the front page of sports after two embarrassing performances yet we don't.  I also checked the sports page of TBT online yesterday and there wasn't a single thing about USF on the main page.  That's inexcusable.  

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 1