• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

18 hours ago, fhemmer209 said:

I thought the FSU game was hotter, too. Our game at the swamp was the hottest I have ever been to. Today wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be.

Exactly my thoughts.  At UF, it was 90, noon, and not a cloud in the sky.  And, UF ran out of bottled water...stunning.  FSU was so hot, my wife told me that was her last Sept noon game in FL.

My bud & I said the same thing after the game.  Hot, but not as hot as we expected.  We did get some cloud coverage, which really helped.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, Brad said:

Speaking of brutal heat, watching ASU-MichSt on one TV and Cash Taggart-Samford on the other.

Tonight in Arizona it was 103 at kickoff, but 110 on the field.

Hard to imagine, Arizona State had access to Brady White (Memphis), Blake Barnett (USF) and Bryce Perkins (Virginia).  All gone of course, and now riding a dude named Manny Wilkins.

Our friend from here who is a MSU guy went out there for the game.  Travel all that distance, sit through 103 degrees and watch you team lose.  Told him he should have stayed here and gone to the Ga Tech game.  He travels with a bunch of guys to one away game a year but comes to 2 or 3 USF games.  

And my vote for hottest game is either UF or at FAU in the soccer stadium. Between the FAU away game and the next week at Ray Jay vs UCiF that is when we decided we needed to become donors to get into the club.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

UCF at the Citrus Bowl felt 20 degrees hotter than yesterday's game.  Just absolutely zero air flow where we were sitting in that dump.  UF game a distant second. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

For me-- the Bama game at Birmingham was pretty bad but I get that FSU and UF were worse.

And at a certain in my going to all those USF away games (i think it was around 31?), I finally decided that I was going to take game time and weather conditions into account when making a choice to attend. Home games were never a problem-- I had places I knew I could get a break from the heat and RJS never runs out of refreshments-- ever.

And with that decision, I waved off going to those NOON FSU and UF away games and watched them from a cool spot on a couch instead. Maybe that makes me less of a fan-- I'm fine with that. At some point, I had enough of the thrill of being in the stands. I throttled back on the tailgate prep and set up to what was important-- some shade, a fan and a cooler full of cool drinks. But noon away games in September or early October in the south? Hard pass.

Today my brother asked if I was interested in going to the Bears at Cardinals game in a few weeks. The traffic, crowd, and heat just getting into that place has me saying no. There is zero shade around State Farm Stadium where the Phx Cardinals play-- NONE. And to tailgate that game would be miserable. They at least have air conditioning inside but I'm over it. 13 years as a Bucs season ticket holder in addition to USF and I am burned out on that experience.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/8/2018 at 9:53 PM, Brad said:

Legion field was tough.

Sounds like the UCF game was tough because the slim stadium budget didn't allow for water fountains (or much else, outside of flimsy construction and chain link fence).

Anytime I can use this... 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

LEGION FIELD WAS HELL

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, BAMABULL said:

LEGION FIELD WAS HELL

But it came with this nifty T-shirt (which may have been my first iconic bull shirt).

BE89CBD5-0539-4035-A25F-7F7D02F2D02C.jpeg

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But it came with this nifty T-shirt (which may have been my first iconic bull shirt).

****, I didn't realize it's been 15 years for the :iconic_u_black: ..........

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

I didn't realize it's been 15 years for the :iconic_u_black: ..........

I did because it came out right after I graduated and as I have a hard time adjusting to any change I did not initiate I actually hated it and refused to wear anything not robo-goat. I can now see that this is a much better logo but I still long for a throw back helmet.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

15 hours ago, puc86 said:

Hey-- I've got one of those..... and a couple of others.... here's the front of that shirt (and the Selmon one)

20180910_225926.thumb.jpg.63ba0f731887ca94c17120f34a02769e.jpg

and this old one along with the back side of the Selmon and Bama shirts....

20180910_225856.thumb.jpg.8fbd8d38e39ef01ab54770c90550acfa.jpg