• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

Please let this be similar to the nationwide IHOB marketing campaign when after the public outrage, they never actually changed anything.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, bullstampede9922 said:

Please let this be similar to the nationwide IHOB marketing campaign when after the public outrage, they never actually changed anything.

The big difference is, "ihob" was just a marketing stunt to introduce their hamburgers.  They had no intention of actually changing their name.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

This happens everywhere these days. Things get changed under the guise of "improvement" that will just infuriate people used to having it the way they are used to already. I would not say this is one of those "resistance to change" situations either. But the people making these changes have to do something to justify their pay so they start messing with something that is not broken or even complained about.

"Hey look-- I fixed it" is very often followed by a thousand of calls to the help desk asking "where did it go?"

You wanna get paid for changing the logo? the answer is not "use the old one". What they should pay them to do is get the logos to reflect a level of uniformity. Decide on the colors- stick to them. Decide on a font. Stick to it. Create or choose the standard set of images-- stick to them. Seems simple but somehow coordinating it escapes USF admin.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

And this is why I hate the AAC and the idea of P6 so much. You can’t try to compete with P5 teams on a G5 budget, it’s just not sustainable. We need to get out of this conference, P6 needs to be more than a slogan and translate into dollars or we need to scale things back to fit our actual budget. Stuck in the middle of the NCAA is the single worst position in all of sports as we can’t even float by on luxury tax dollars.

Spot on. There is no way the current model is sustainable. Unless something incredible happens, I think the best that will happen is that we get incorporated with what will be left of the Big12. I don’t know how much that moves the  needle in terms of TV revenue however.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Thanks for the link. Somehow I never realized that. I was thinking it was just the athletics logo and the school’s seal. I’m still not a fan of the new logo, but maybe it’ll grow on my after time. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

4 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Be calm people. ask yourselves, is this a trash move or a brilliant one. Think about how many people are talking about this logo today and yesterday. If you want people to talk about your product and remember it, then this is sheer brilliance. :2cents:

I don't think they are playing that kind of meta game.  I think they just came up with some junk and tried to pass it off.  

4 hours ago, MikeG said:

I think we have landed on that with the iconic U (at least I hope we have).

If that ever changes, we riot.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Tip of the hat to @RickyTheBull for breaking this news!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'd even be okay with something like this:

USF Academic 3.png

USF Academic 2.png

• Like 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

On 9/6/2018 at 12:56 AM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

UF did not change the color. EVERYBODY knows the're orange and blue. 

The BULLS are turning into puke green and hiliter yellow.