• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to bring motorized bull to Raymond James

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

btw, anyone else jump to this retro image after reading the title? I'm relieved it wasn't this:

riding-a-mechanical-bull-at-the-inspire-

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I’m just hoping to see titties on the Jumbotron again this year.  Should be a tradition after every Bulls touchdown.  We’d have no attendance problem, I assure you. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

The motoring around w/out legs moving seems like something that a pee wee football team would do.  If they had it on the sideline somewhere and the eyes lit up red, smoke came out, and the camera showed it after a touchdown that might be kinda cool.  More like a statue though.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

btw, anyone else jump to this retro image after reading the title? I'm relieved it wasn't this:

riding-a-mechanical-bull-at-the-inspire-

1) I was thinking that but more like this: hooters-nana-bangkok-girls-bull-riding.j

2) It would be way cooler if it was a bull on a Boston Dynamics robot frame that could actually run around the field. Step it up USF Engineering. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Man, we've got people on here that will crap on anything. 

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Man, we've got people on here that will crap on anything. 

The concept was neat, but the result is underwhelming. The statue and the eyes look cool, but the idea of it "charging" across the end zone with static legs I am sorry is going to look a bit silly.  And the smoke is cool, but again let's go overboard with it if we are going to do it so you can actually see it on a windy day. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

The motoring around w/out legs moving seems like something that a pee wee football team would do.  If they had it on the sideline somewhere and the eyes lit up red, smoke came out, and the camera showed it after a touchdown that might be kinda cool.  More like a statue though.

14 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

The concept was neat, but the result is underwhelming. The statue and the eyes look cool, but the idea of it "charging" across the end zone with static legs I am sorry is going to look a bit silly.  And the smoke is cool, but again let's go overboard with it if we are going to do it so you can actually see it on a windy day. 

I agree with both of you. I like the idea, but the finished product doesn't scream USF to me. I think it would be cool for it to lead the team out of the tunnel, and then sit on the sidelines for all to see for the duration of the game.

Once they are able to complete phase 2 and get moving legs installed, I think it will be pretty cool. I still say they should use a live bull though...

If it is going to be on wheels, could we at least mate it with this:

ab1eb5658f01dfab19e139ebbdef027f.jpg

Okay.. maybe a little smaller, I have seen some wicked cool custom golf carts that a bull front end with glowing eyes would look bad ass on, could also use it to shoot the T shirts and stuff from, could still be battery powered and could obviously put softer wheels on to protect the turf. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yeah, I don't think this version will be the all-terrain "run back & forth" version. Pretty sure this one will just be for display and maybe a little STEM discussion as it motors around on concrete. Robotic legs and animatronics is probably a few phases and a lot of $$ away.

This one's job is just to look pretty and wow kids--I think it will be fine for that.