• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message Boards

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

False!  CJL is the messiah, and Judy fired him!

CJ was betrayed by Judy, while JC was betrayed by Judas. Coincidence? I think not. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I’ll do an ad check, but it shouldn’t be more than 3-4 page which is less than standard.  On mobile, it’s a little different as it is harder to control what Google throws out there, I have that setting on the “minimum”. 

I use the site everyday with “guest view”  so I am stuck with the max ads so I can feel the guest experience and it’s not as bad as some sites.

Brad

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I’ll do an ad check, but it shouldn’t be more than 3-4 page which is less than standard.  On mobile, it’s a little different as it is harder to control what Google throws out there, I have that setting on the “minimum”. 

I use the site everyday with “guest view”  so I am stuck with the max ads so I can feel the guest experience and it’s not as bad as some sites.

Brad

the site is great, any complaining about the ads is ridiculous.  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

On my PC I get 5 ads per screen but, they're minimal by most standards. When on my phone using the tbp ap, I get no ads.

The only complaint I have is with whomever posted Danny Mannings chair. It took 3 day's for that ad to stop popping up. :facepalm:

Thanks for the nice comments earlier in this thread.

There is a schedule with Opponent Message Boards on the main forum page, in the right column, beneath the USF Videos widget.  Looks like this:

image.png

As always I look for independent boards like this one (just to support them).  If there are none or they are weak, I'll add a network board like those of Rivals or 247.  If you find a better one than that which is listed, please send it to me or add it here.

Interesting, doing a search for an independent Ga. Tech board, saw this stated on a website:

All existing links were refreshed and corrected in August 2018. As a result of consolidation (RIP Scout) and abandoned boards, there has been a loss of maybe 50 forums over the last couple of years.

Thank you for being here and using this site as your way of sharing your interest in the Bulls with others.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

the site is great, any complaining about the ads is ridiculous.  

I understand the need for ads, would never had said anything if it was just normal ads.  The recent addition of ads that cover content is just bad though.  Perhaps I don't go to that many sites, but this is the only place that I've seen those.  Complaining about someone who says they love the site but hate the ads but understand their purpose is what's ridiculous.  Get over yourself.  

20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you want free go to that 1988 board controlled by ECU fans...

Why are you so miserable in your comments all the time?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

7 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

Get over yourself.  

This is comical, like most of your comments. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

I understand the need for ads, would never had said anything if it was just normal ads.  The recent addition of ads that cover content is just bad though.  Perhaps I don't go to that many sites, but this is the only place that I've seen those.  Complaining about someone who says they love the site but hate the ads but understand their purpose is what's ridiculous.  Get over yourself.  

Why are you so miserable in your comments all the time?

You make it easy sometimes...

40 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

The recent addition of ads that cover content is just bad though.

That is part of the Google wrap on mobile sites.  I don’t have a way to turn that off at this time.

When a lot of white space is left in a post, Google attempts to plant an advertisement.

I don’t mind the feedback.

At the beginning we were completely ad-free.  As we grew, especially 2005-2009, we were growing rapidly and blowing up servers.  Costs were much higher, hundreds per month.  What advertisements do for us these days is pay for some custom coding, prizes, ticket purchases and distribution, customer acquisition (TBP ads, sponsorships) etc.  It provides for us to pay third parties for other services.  So, we’ll be staying with ads, but using revenue to help us grow an online communicty.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

That is part of the Google wrap on mobile sites.  I don’t have a way to turn that off at this time.

When a lot of white space is left in a post, Google attempts to plant an advertisement.

That's very

clever.