• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's in the plan for the first tailgate of 2018?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Forgot about the liquor part of the tailgate.  Used to do green and gold (yellow) jello shots with tequila in the lime and vodka in the lemon. Got lazy the past 2 years and now go with Fireball toasts.  The winning record is much better with the Fireball so can't change that.

As I’ve aged, I’ve kind of backed off the hard liquor.  Used to partake in a few Crown and waters before kickoff, but that was mainly during the Holtz and early Taggart years.  Kind of served as an anasthetic for what was to come after kickoff.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

As I’ve aged, I’ve kind of backed off the hard liquor.  Used to partake in a few Crown and waters before kickoff, but that was mainly during the Holtz and early Taggart years.  Kind of served as an anasthetic for what was to come after kickoff.

I usually do beer while tailgating as well.  The Fireball shots are just a tradition.  Every time someone comes to visit we pour them out and toast with a Gooooooooooo Bulls.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Well for me depending on if I arrive early got tailgating I'll get my face paint on with combination of green and gold and sometimes black with gold sunglasses now. I'll wear my number 5 game worn Jersey circa 09` and I'll Walk around and take pictures with other bull fans. I'll have alot of opposing fans want to take pictures with me but I'll just walk around the stadium around 30 mins after the gates open. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Used to partake in a few Crown and waters before kickoff, but that was mainly during the Holtz and early Taggart years.  

I remember those days, having to self-medicate before kickoff....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Gonna get there a couple hours early with the wife and fire up the grill for some burgers, brats and beer.  I hope this game is decided by the second quarter and am really anxious to see what BB looks like as our QB.  Will almost feel wrong seeing anyone other than 9 behind center after these last three years.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

With the afternoon thunderstorms we’ve been getting in the Bay Area lately and 6pm being peak rain time, I would not be surprised if this game gets delayed due to Lightning.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

With the afternoon thunderstorms we’ve been getting in the Bay Area lately and 6pm being peak rain time, I would not be surprised if this game gets delayed due to Lightning.

Always a possibility in Aug/Sept/Oct games.  The only bad part of being a Bulls fans.  I'm sure if we had an OCS it would be protected from such things at hurricanes and lightning.  Of course the worst delay of a USF game came at ND, not here in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Always a possibility in Aug/Sept/Oct games.  The only bad part of being a Bulls fans.  I'm sure if we had an OCS it would be protected from such things at hurricanes and lightning.  Of course the worst delay of a USF game came at ND, not here in Tampa.

You have an interesting definition of "worst" considering how that game turned out, LOL

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

We're gonna break in the tailgater at it's first Bulls game. 

received_10156281479405767.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

I just read where the pre-game family fun zone that used to be in the south parking lot has been moved to the actual stadium plaza on the south side under the scoreboard.

Wonder what resistance security put up before this was decided on.  I can imagine it's a bit tougher to keep your eyes on things with the bounce houses, vendor booths, etc. involved.

Also, any insight as to why this was done?  More room for the tailgate guys?  I don't think I even noticed them last year.