• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett Wins the Starting Job

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

31 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Not disappointed but I really did think Chris O would start. BB seems like a bright young man (pretty well-spoken) with some solid highlights, so I'm hopeful that translates into some stellar numbers in-game. Looking forward to next Saturday!

I was hoping that BayStayed CO would win it but now hope that BB is so successful, which means USF will be, to never relinquish it. Here's hoping his season opener here is far different than his first season opening opportunity .... of course, the competition won't be quite as formidable.

Only small problem I have with BB was leaving Alabama one month into the season .... although I fully understand his reasoning behind the timing of it. I just have a problem with players/coaches abandoning their team during the regular season, especially when he was just one play away from being back in play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

On 8/24/2018 at 4:12 PM, I Bleed Awesomeness said:

Blake?  Is that you?  No need to hide behind this burner account, we welcome you with open arms.

No it isnt me, but just watch his highlights versus USC as a true freshmen at Bama.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I was hoping that BayStayed CO would win it but now hope that BB is so successful, which means USF will be, to never relinquish it. Here's hoping his season opener here is far different than his first season opening opportunity .... of course, the competition won't be quite as formidable.

Only small problem I have with BB was leaving Alabama one month into the season .... although I fully understand his reasoning behind the timing of it. I just have a problem with players/coaches abandoning their team during the regular season, especially when he was just one play away from being back in play.

Hopefully he has matured since then, being a parent on his last shot hopefully he is driven......excited for the season

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I think it is tough for players to stick it out today. There are so many schools and they all get on tv in some capacity so many feel the grass is greener elsewhere. But yeah heaving in the middle of the season is not a good look. I wonder if CO or BK leave if BB plays great? I think BK probably has one foot out the door right now. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think it is tough for players to stick it out today. There are so many schools and they all get on tv in some capacity so many feel the grass is greener elsewhere. But yeah heaving in the middle of the season is not a good look. I wonder if CO or BK leave if BB plays great? I think BK probably has one foot out the door right now. 

And it starts at such an early age of jumping from program to program at the youth level into high school. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I mean it's not that uncommon and has been going on for a while.  Cam Newton did it and so did Baker Mayfield.  Sometimes you know right away something is off.  I think it's good players can do this instead of wasting their time waiting for a chance that rarely comes.  I'm just glad we got this guy.  Note the names I compare him to... he's one of those types...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Meh. In the end, schools give scholarships and kids want to play football. I never begrudge a kid for wanting to play more football if there's another school willing to give him that chance. The window for a kid to play is only so big.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

As a fellow D1 athlete, you have to find a spot to play. The ultimate goal is to go pro, which you can’t do if you ride the pine.

Sometimes the coaching staff isn’t the right fit and sometimes you sit behind Tom Brady....

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

As a fellow D1 athlete, you have to find a spot to play. The ultimate goal is to go pro, which you can’t do if you ride the pine.

Sometimes the coaching staff isn’t the right fit and sometimes you sit behind Tom Brady....

Indeed

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Speaking of Blake Barnett, does he throw for 450+ yards?

Place a bet with your site points