• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

Why haven't I seen his name come up anywhere? Wasn't he supposed to be one of the top recruits last period?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Its one of our Deeper Positions. He will probably get some time in but they are probably going to RS him. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

ON the media guide he was at DT on the two deep.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Kid is a true freshman, just because we flipped him last minute doesn't mean he starts day 1. Also just because he doesn't start day 1 does not mean he's a bust, just sayin.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I figure between Bronson, Kegler, Pinkney, and Boyce that eats up most of the reps at DT.  Stacy and the young guys may still get some time if there are games that get out of hand due to the new redshirt rule.  Kids can play in up to 4 games and still redshirt so you could see guys like Kirby, Leacock, Barber etc get some time this season.  DT's usually need a year or two in the strength program to develop some "man strength"  and to refine their on the field technique before they see the field anyways.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

I figure between Bronson, Kegler, Pinkney, and Boyce that eats up most of the reps at DT.  Stacy and the young guys may still get some time if there are games that get out of hand due to the new redshirt rule.  Kids can play in up to 4 games and still redshirt so you could see guys like Kirby, Leacock, Barber etc get some time this season.  DT's usually need a year or two in the strength program to develop some "man strength"  and to refine their on the field technique before they see the field anyways.  

Leacock is a state weightlifting champ.....he has man strength already. But i read a few things on Kirby and they were positive

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Leacock is a state weightlifting champ.....he has man strength already. But i read a few things on Kirby and they were positive

Yup, he's plenty strong but I bet he needs a lot of work on technique which is just as important.  You can get away with only having pure strength at the high school level, but not in college.   There's a reason why the lines on both sides of the ball usually take the most time to see the field after the kids get on campus and it;s because they need to actually learn to be good football players instead of being just the biggest and sometimes strongest kids on the field.  When you get out there on Saturday everyone is "strong" but bad technique will make strong linemen look weak.   

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Days Won:  28

19 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup, he's plenty strong but I bet he needs a lot of work on technique which is just as important.  You can get away with only having pure strength at the high school level, but not in college.   There's a reason why the lines on both sides of the ball usually take the most time to see the field after the kids get on campus and it;s because they need to actually learn to be good football players instead of being just the biggest and sometimes strongest kids on the field.  When you get out there on Saturday everyone is "strong" but bad technique will make strong linemen look weak.   

He is joining the team in which he is coming in as the top 3-5 strongest player. The technique will be there, but DT's main weapons are strength and girth. 

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He is joining the team in which he is coming in as the top 3-5 strongest player. The technique will be there, but DT's main weapons are strength and girth. 

You can be as strong as an Ox but if your hand work/placement sucks and you don't play with good bend you'll be getting pushed around like you're on rollerskates. I'll also argue that guys that are already as strong as he is probably get away with a ton of bad habits in high school because they're men amongst boys. They're usually the kids that need the most coaching because they aren't used to winning with technique but just pure physical ability.