• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BasketBulls announce non-con schedule

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

47 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We’ve played both Duke and KU before

And UNC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Alabama A & M was 3-27 last year and Austin Peay was 11-19.  The best of the bunch is Ohio who is respectable. 

I'll steal JK's attendance thunder for these home games.  If we average 1K (butts in seats or "announced") I'll be blown away.  Yuengling could give-a-way free beers and we couldn't get more than 1K in the door. 

Per ESPN, Austin Peay was 19-15, Colgate 19-14, Ohio (who we don't play at home) was 14-17,  but none of our announced schedule is what I'd call respectable, with the highest rated teams, per Sagarin, being in the high 100's, low 200's  .... we're 256 ... and a bunch lower than us. The only kind of respectable team we might play, in Jamaica, is Georgetown, #92.

Haven't seen an attendance figure for a USF MBB game less than 2K recently so I'd be blown away if the average for the non-con home games are near the 1K mark. Bulls hoops have pretty much hit rock bottom and the only ones who have been coming on a regular basis for years are the ones coming to watch USF, not caring who it's against .... and that number appears to be around 2K now. Hopefully it's still that number.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

This is the most pathetic non conference schedule I have ever seen

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Per ESPN, Austin Peay was 19-15, Colgate 19-14, Ohio (who we don't play at home) was 14-17,  but none of our announced schedule is what I'd call respectable, with the highest rated teams, per Sagarin, being in the high 100's, low 200's  .... we're 256 ... and a bunch lower than us. The only kind of respectable team we might play, in Jamaica, is Georgetown, #92.

Haven't seen an attendance figure for a USF MBB game less than 2K recently so I'd be blown away if the average for the non-con home games are near the 1K mark. Bulls hoops have pretty much hit rock bottom and the only ones who have been coming on a regular basis for years are the ones coming to watch USF, not caring who it's against .... and that number appears to be around 2K now. Hopefully it's still that number.

I went to a home game last year and had a friend attend several.  If there 2K at my game they counted everyone in the building including announcers and custodial staff.  It will be awful.  

They will always have my support, but no way they get 2K for most games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

You do know that is announced, not actual, right?  😎

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Zero (0) non-conferences games against teams from the Top 10 conferences. To sniff .500 with this non-conference schedule they’ll likely need to go 9-4 non-conference and then 6-12 in conference. Even that feels like a stretch.

We need to give Gregory at least 8 years to get his guys in the program - 4 to cycle through the scrubs that he had to choose from when taking the job and another 4 to recruit and install mediocre talent

Bulls Basketball - wait ‘till 2026!

He ain’t getting 8 friggin years...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You do know that is announced, not actual, right?  😎

And UNC, Duke, and KU were just announced opponents as well, not actual.

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I went to a home game last year and had a friend attend several.  If there 2K at my game they counted everyone in the building including announcers and custodial staff.  It will be awful.  

They will always have my support, but no way they get 2K for most games.

11 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

If we average 1K (butts in seats or "announced") I'll be blown away.

All I'm saying is that I doubt we get that much less in attendance than last year and that average was probably a little over 2K .... and the home non-com sched last year was just about as weak as this one's, with Charlotte the premier team coming in .... unless you count Northern Arizona with Brad's protege.

BTW, 1K .... 2K .... they're both pathetic numbers for this basketball program. CBG has his work cut out for him.

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

This is the most pathetic non conference schedule I have ever seen

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone to disagree with that, although last year comes close .... especially if we get G'town in Jamaica  this year.