• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks Like Sun Dome has a Sponsor Name

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

I think this quote summarizes it pretty well "There's better beer than Yuengling, and there's cheaper beer than Yuengling, but there is no better, cheaper beer than Yuengling."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/beer/comments/682z2z/honest_question_about_yuengling/

Edited by Publix Substitution

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Yuengs and wings baby! Living in Tampa as an undergrad really made me like Yuengling. I know everyone has different tastes. Yuengling is my go to lager, Guinness is my go to stout (much better in Ireland tho), Tropicalia is my go to hard to find beer and 420 is my IPA.

I remember Galdstone's chicken on Fowler used to have $1 pitchers of Yuengling which was just amazing. Sad to see they closed down, tho.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Yuengs and wings baby! Living in Tampa as an undergrad really made me like Yuengling. I know everyone has different tastes. Yuengling is my go to lager, Guinness is my go to stout (much better in Ireland tho), Tropicalia is my go to hard to find beer and 420 is my IPA.

I remember Galdstone's chicken on Fowler used to have $1 pitchers of Yuengling which was just amazing. Sad to see they closed down, tho.

420 is not an IPA, SweetWater makes a great IPA but 420 is not it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Does Tampax sponsor any facilities? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Okay so you and Nick think Bud is much better than the Dome’s namesake. Even if we factor both of you at a zero to Yuengling and a five to Bud it still leaves the averages unchanged and that most American Beer drinkers that care to weigh in on the subject find Yuengling okay and Budweiser poor, and it’s not even close.

I don't know if I'd say a beer app represents "most American beer drinkers," but yes, it is my opinion that there are many beers that taste better than Yuengling and a good portion of those are cheaper, too.

Edited by JTrue

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

420 is not an IPA, SweetWater makes a great IPA but 420 is not it.

My bad I meant to say Pale Ale. I do like their IPA as well. The Atlanta area does have some awesome breweries. I live next to Reformation in Woodstock and havent had a beer I disliked from there.

Edited by ForestBull

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't know if I'd say a beer app represents "most American beer drinkers," but yes, it is my opinion that there are many beers that taste better than Yuengling and a good portion of those are cheaper, too.

You're never going to find a drink or food everyone likes. Everyones tastebuds are different and they change over time. Although, I can't think of anything I used to like and now don't...

My dad loves Michelob Ultra, I think it tastes like Bud Light water. To each their own. 

It would've been cool though if Cigar City sponsored us.

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I didn’t say most American beer drinkers, I said most American beer drinkers that cared to weigh in on the subject. As it has the most reviews of beer I found on the internet I am not sure how it can be debated that it doesn’t represent the most, certainly it is closer than a random guy named Nick that points out political leanings of owners “not” swaying his opinions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

My bad I meant to say Pale Ale. I do like their IPA as well. The Atlanta area does have some awesome breweries. I live next to Reformation in Woodstock and havent had a beer I disliked from there.

SweetWater IPA is probably my favorite grocery store beer.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yuengling is fine.  Yes, it's not pay a bum to line up for you at Angry Chair beer but it's an ok, clean, cheap lager.   Way too much debate about the quality of a middle of the road affordable beer.