• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Complex (IPF) News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

The argument could be made that we need to play them in order to grow the program in the direction we want.  Beating Illinois did nothing for us last year, and won't next year if we do. Beat Ohio State?  Beat Georgia?  That would be huge for our program.  

I would agree that beating a horrible Illinois team, or any P5 that's that bad, does little to help. But, beating a consistent middle of the pack or better P5  would. 

I would also think that when the time comes the powers that be will look at out overall record, our record vs P5(can we compete), and their attendance at their house. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

On 2/16/2018 at 11:34 PM, Triple B said:

Why do we need to play them? .... unless you're talking about playoffs .... and then nevermind the question.

23 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

The argument could be made that we need to play them in order to grow the program in the direction we want.  Beating Illinois did nothing for us last year, and won't next year if we do. Beat Ohio State?  Beat Georgia?  That would be huge for our program.  

I think to grow the program in the direction many want means joining a P5, nothing less, and I don't see how playing top P5 teams fills any needs to getting us closer to accomplishing that than our current scheduling does. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play them but don't see the need ..... kind of like with the ocs.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We should've been scheduling P5 teams when we were under Holtz and Taggart's first 2 years. Trying to do it now is like trying to buy stocks in a bubble and ******** that it's hard to do well.

If we stink it up next year, Harlan should be calling all these people back.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Joey Knight Predicts the IPF breaks ground this year. http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2018/02/20/guess-here-is-usf-will-break-ground-on-indoor-facility-in-18/

Maybe. Sounds like plans are a go. It's going to take a few months to do drawings, decide on a team, then they have to get bids. If everything goes great, you may break ground by December. 

The bigger question is would it be ready for the start of the 2019 season. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

As to scheduling, note in our future schedules, we are almost completely booked up through 2024. 

2018, 2019, 2022 and 2024 already have four OOC games so they are done. 

2020 and 2021 need one home game each. 

2023 we have 2 slots. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the 3 homes games in 2022 and 2024 moved. 

The point though is IF there is a conference realignment......everything points to 2025. Will the Big 12 still exist in its current form? I think we are looking at 7 more seasons in the American and those years are critical to stay at the top. 

"The granting of naming rights for the Sun Dome, seemingly imminent, could add another revenue stream."

This question came up the other day. UCF does not sell alcohol at sports events because 1- they own the facilities, and 2 - NCAA regulations state that alcohol cannot be sold at university owned facilities( I think).

USF does not "own" the Sun Dome. How will naming rights benefit USF athletics?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

27 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

"The granting of naming rights for the Sun Dome, seemingly imminent, could add another revenue stream."

This question came up the other day. UCF does not sell alcohol at sports events because 1- they own the facilities, and 2 - NCAA regulations state that alcohol cannot be sold at university owned facilities( I think).

USF does not "own" the Sun Dome. How will naming rights benefit USF athletics?

Do we own the baseball and softball complexes? Don't we serve alcohol at these venues? I think it's up to the university.

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

Do we own the baseball and softball complexes? Don't we serve alcohol at these venues? I think it's up to the university.

Part of the reason for my question. I don't know the answer.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

43 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

It's up to the university or, in some cases, the conference.

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

It's up to the university or, in some cases, the conference.

At UCF Sunday they said it was an NCAA rule.

Closest I can find is no alcohol at NCAA sanctioned championship games. 

So, other than the stupid UCF idea of having ONLY two concession stands(both on the same side of the arena) in the CFE Arena, they are wrong about the rules.

Edited by BDYZR