• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack Attack.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

34 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Right but there is a difference between taking someone late for depth and using a Day 1 (or is it day 2 now?) pick on an RB.

If they bring in someone with one of the top 64 picks Mack will most likely be relegated to 3rd down/change of pace back. Except he hasn't done well picking up blitzes either so that may not be an option.

If they draft someone in the 4th rd or later its an open competition/lean Mack and he would be looking at more touches. I think most would agree that Mack isn't a Gurley, Bell, or Elliot and will be in some kind of timeshare. It's just is he in a situation where he can look at 50% of the snaps, or will he be put into a situation where he gets 25% at best?

It's a hard situation to get a handle on until they make a hire to replace Pagano.  I think they look at getting back in the 3rd round or later as their biggest need is a line to protect Luck and they will need address that early as well as pretty much the entire defense.   It really makes no sense for them to take a back early with such a bad offensive line since it doesn't do anything to protect Luck who is their Franchise.  They have a ton of needs at positions that are harder to fill than RB so I think they fill those first and take a back later and maybe even look at bringing in a steady veteran in free agency to tutor Mack and the young backs they take in the draft.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

42 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Nothing against Mack, but not sure he can be an every down back. He took a beating last season and was out a couple of times with shoulder issues. I hope things improve, if not he will be relegated to less touches.

I think the shoulder problem went back to the preseason and maybe never really had a chance to heal completely. Hopefully the off season can help with that ...

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think the shoulder problem went back to the preseason and maybe never really had a chance to heal completely. Hopefully the off season can help with that ...

Yea he went out first during preseason, but I hope he gets healthy this off season. He could do some amazing things on the league if he’s 100%

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Greatest ability is availability.