• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Texas Tech thinks of USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

you gettin old?

Git off mah damm lawn!!

Funny.  I am old enough to remember when it was the old people who were easily offended. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Mission9 said:

You really cannot be thin skinned and survive over here.  In fact, the Bulls fans are  more abrasive against one another than they are towards the fans  of other programs who wander in here.  The moderators are very fair here.  

That's my bad, I was goofing around, but my delivery must have been off. Good jokes shouldn't have to be explained, but let's do it anyway.

I said: 

I was just having fun, and now you make it personal. Is there no moderator in this place?  (I was replying to a moderator, thats the joke. It's  irony or satire, I don't know the difference but do know there is humor in there, somewhere)

IT'S GO TIME: (that's a reference from a funny moment from the show Seinfeld, picture Lloyd Bridges jumping out of his chair to challenge you to a weight lifting competition, aka, "feats of strength", kinda funny, eh?)

-I've never even heard of Alabama BBQ. (This dismissive line is just some banter, some teasing, I'm playing along with the moderators trash talking, it's fun, it's funny)

-If Alabama BBQ was a division 1 defense, they'd be ranked below Texas Techs defense. (Now this is just straight up ridiculous, me comparing football to slowly smoked meats. I also dissed my own team's defense in the process; it's self deprecating humor. I'm making a self sacrificing joke so people laugh. It's non threatening, great way to break tension, if anything my sacrifice should be applauded)

-I bet Alabama BBQ requires sauce. TEXAS MEATS CAN STAND ON THEIR OWN (this was a diss followed by a fact, no joke here, good Texas brisket does not require sauce, the seasoning and meat should be more than sufficient)

Yeah (you can ignore this, it's a snarky comment to what someone said to me earlier. It's better left alone)

So there you have it.   I - stink - at - jokes

Going forward I'll write, "***Jokes Approaching***" before I dive into a joke. For example:

***Jokes Approaching*** A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says to the horse, "Why the long face?" 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, charsibb said:

You have any intel on why the B12 sent you guys to play us and WVU to play in Dallas? REALLY should have been t'other way 'round, given your alumni base and our history with WVU.

No Intel. It's a head scratcher. If you just look at our records, 6-6 Tech is a match for 6-6 Utah, and 7-5 WVU and 9-2 USF are closer together. Their reasoning I do not understand.

Edited by RaiderATX

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, RaiderATX said:

That's my bad, I was goofing around, but my delivery must have been off. Good jokes shouldn't have to be explained, but let's do it anyway.

I said: 

I was just having fun, and now you make it personal. Is there no moderator in this place?  (I was replying to a moderator, thats the joke. It's  irony or satire, I don't know the difference but do know there is humor in there, somewhere)

IT'S GO TIME: (that's a reference from a funny moment from the show Seinfeld, picture Lloyd Bridges jumping out of his chair to challenge you to a weight lifting competition, aka, "feats of strength", kinda funny, eh?)

-I've never even heard of Alabama BBQ. (This dismissive line is just some banter, some teasing, I'm playing along with the moderators trash talking, it's fun, it's funny)

-If Alabama BBQ was a division 1 defense, they'd be ranked below Texas Techs defense. (Now this is just straight up ridiculous, me comparing football to slowly smoked meats. I also dissed my own team's defense in the process; it's self deprecating humor. I'm making a self sacrificing joke so people laugh. It's non threatening, great way to break tension, if anything my sacrifice should be applauded)

-I bet Alabama BBQ requires sauce. TEXAS MEATS CAN STAND ON THEIR OWN (this was a diss followed by a fact, no joke here, good Texas brisket does not require sauce, the seasoning and meat should be more than sufficient)

Yeah (you can ignore this, it's a snarky comment to what someone said to me earlier. It's better left alone)

Going forward I'll write, "***Jokes Approaching***" before I dive into a joke. For example:

***Jokes Approaching*** A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says to the horse, "Why the long face?" 

That's ok.  My jokes are so esoteric, even I don't understand them. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

21 hours ago, Triple B said:

Alabama BBQ > Texas BBQ ...

21 hours ago, RaiderATX said:

Especially don't compare it to Alabama "BBQ", whatever that is. 

With my college years spent working in meat shops, and the fact that I also love making my own barbecue and have smoked nearly every cut of BBQ meat imaginable, I have to say that both of you have valid points.

Raider, for the AL barbecue, yes, it is all about the sauce.  Alabama barbecue sauce is a fantastic white sauce with main ingredients of mayo, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, horseradish, lemon juice and salt/pepper.  IT IS AMAZING.  

I do love Texas style barbecue but you have to realize that the only meat in TX that can stand on its own, with a dry rub and no sauce, is the beef brisket.  

All other "TX BBQ" is pretty average, imo, and there's nothing really special about any sort of BBQ sauce that comes out of TX.  

Also, know your audience.  Florida isn't really the South, but it's made up of a lot of Southerners.  Southern BBQ is all about the sauce.  NC vinegar-based style, AL-white sauce, etc ... we in the South love our BBQ sauce.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, RaiderATX said:

What does it say about me that I understood ALL of that - before you explained it...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

With my college years spent working in meat shops, and the fact that I also love making my own barbecue and have smoked nearly every cut of BBQ meat imaginable, I have to say that both of you have valid points.

Raider, for the AL barbecue, yes, it is all about the sauce.  Alabama barbecue sauce is a fantastic white sauce with main ingredients of mayo, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, horseradish, lemon juice and salt/pepper.  IT IS AMAZING.  

I do love Texas style barbecue but you have to realize that the only meat in TX that can stand on its own, with a dry rub and no sauce, is the beef brisket.  

All other "TX BBQ" is pretty average, imo, and there's nothing really special about any sort of BBQ sauce that comes out of TX.  

Also, know your audience.  Florida isn't really the South, but it's made up of a lot of Southerners.  Southern BBQ is all about the sauce.  NC vinegar-based style, AL-white sauce, etc ... we in the South love our BBQ sauce.  

I always took you for a dude who knows his way around meat. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I always took you for a dude who knows his way around meat. 

#beefislife

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Pin this as a forever post mods.