• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Drones: G5 Should Create G5 Playoff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

Just heard the narrative being pushed on CFB Live.  They showed the tweets from the UCF AD, and made fun of him for saying USF should be in the top 25 after losing to Houston.

They basically came out and said nothing the G5 ever does will get them in the top 4 debate and they have to beef up the non conference schedule (no mention of P5 walling off G5 and backing out of deals).  Their solution: G5 playoff around Christmas time.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Just heard the narrative being pushed on CFB Live.  They showed the tweets from the UCF AD, and made fun of him for saying USF should be in the top 25 after losing to Houston.

They basically came out and said nothing the G5 ever does will get them in the top 4 debate and they have to beef up the non conference schedule (no mention of P5 walling off G5 and backing out of deals).  Their solution: G5 playoff around Christmas time.

That would be the end of College Football. People would finally see the farce for what it is and become disillusioned.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Just stop watching. Why do you think the casual fan watches march madness? To see the mid majors pull of upsets and Cinderella stories. Nobody cares to see 2 loss Ohio State who were humiliated by Iowa vs Clemson who lost to a bad Syracuse for the umpteenth consecutive year just because their ADs sit on the committee. Apart from fans of those teams that is. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

59 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

That would be the end of College Football. People would finally see the farce for what it is and become disillusioned.

The vast majority of college football fans are fans or P5 teams. I think it is highly unlikely that anyone would stop watching college football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, USF_Grouper said:

The vast majority of college football fans are fans or P5 teams. I think it is highly unlikely that anyone would stop watching college football.

I haven't watched any of the playoffs.  It's always Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State every time.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

I stopped watching ESPNs "whose in" programming a long time ago - if I really care, I can see it in about 30 seconds after the fact as opposed to wasting hours

In fact, my perfect playoff scenario this year would be UGA, Bama, Auburn and UM, with an undefeated Wisconsin and the rest of the BIG10 getting shut out (yes - I realize this will never happen, but if it did, changes would happen pretty quick)

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Condescending pricks 

• Haha 1