• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which one is it???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

The main people talking about firing everyone and calling out student athletes are the same ones that said we didn't stand a chance. 

You bitched and moaned saying we'd get out coached. You said Q couldn't throw. You said the offense would be vanilla. You said our defense would get exposed.

All of that was a lie. That was a hell of a game in all phases. Coaching was adaptive, offense was creative, defense was aggressive and opportunistic. 

I mean either UCiF did exactly what you thought they'd do or this team and coaching staff out performed. I mean either it's an I told you so or you're lashing out because we were a play or two away from you being wrong...

This team deserves you investing even more in them. We lose a lot of seniors yes,  but we have some promising talent behind them. Bulls future is bright. This loss is bittersweet. This senior team left it on the field. That's all any of us should ask. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

The game was exciting yes, our seniors played their hearts out. We lost this game in part because we are undiscplined. Stupid penalties gave them 1 TD at the start of the game. We had them stopped but the db felt it necessary to body slam the wr. The undisiplined nature of this team cost us. I don' think anyone should get fired, but I don't believe in moral victories. There is no reason for this team not to be conference Champs. This team failed. We haven' beat a team with a winning record all year, the only good team we played beat us, the only average team we played beat us. Typical USF.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Special teams failures... again. But, also a few other key opportunities not capitalized upon.

I too am curious (but not really curious) to see if this is still on Gilbert and the offense as has been discussed at length.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Special teams has to be the worst in the country. Every week a blocked kick. This week 2 missed kicks and a kick return TD allowed. Not going to get it done. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

6-2, 7-1, 6-2 and nothing to show for it. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I'll say if UCiF gets the championship this time it was legit earned. It wasn't gotten through clubbing baby seals in a down year. This conference put up some legit teams. That game was ours to win. All we had to do is score when we had the lead and got the stop. Or not allow a kick return... As optimistic as I am,  I will question the decision heavily of we keep the sane special teams coach. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The game was exciting yes, our seniors played their hearts out. We lost this game in part because we are undiscplined. Stupid penalties gave them 1 TD at the start of the game. We had them stopped but the db felt it necessary to body slam the wr. The undisiplined nature of this team cost us. I don' think anyone should get fired, but I don't believe in moral victories. 

Agree undisciplined play from a few players and horrible special teams coaching cost us the game.

Sp teams coach needs to be fired if not then I rather Strong get hired away as he doesnt care about winning.  Never seen a worse sp teams group in all my life.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Hueyhog20 said:

6-2, 7-1, 6-2 and nothing to show for it. 

...and our bowls suck. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The game was exciting yes, our seniors played their hearts out. We lost this game in part because we are undiscplined. Stupid penalties gave them 1 TD at the start of the game. We had them stopped but the db felt it necessary to body slam the wr. The undisiplined nature of this team cost us. I don' think anyone should get fired, but I don't believe in moral victories. There is no reason for this team not to be conference Champs. This team failed. We haven' beat a team with a winning record all year, the only good team we played beat us, the only average team we played beat us. Typical USF.

Preach!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I'll say if UCiF gets the championship this time it was legit earned. It wasn't gotten through clubbing baby seals in a down year. This conference put up some legit teams. That game was ours to win. All we had to do is score when we had the lead and got the stop. Or not allow a kick return... As optimistic as I am,  I will question the decision heavily of we keep the sane special teams coach. 

Not saying you are wrong, but who did they beat THIS year that so great compared to the last time/s the won the conference?