• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Game Thread: USF TRAVELS TO INDIANA TO OPEN HOOSIER TIP-OFF CLASSIC

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

USF Travels to Indiana to Open Hoosier Tip-Off Classic

USF TRAVELS TO INDIANA TO OPEN HOOSIER TIP-OFF CLASSIC

Matchup: USF (2-1) at Indiana (1-2)
Date: Sunday, Nov. 19
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: Bloomington, Ind. | : Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall (17,222)
Watch: Big Ten Network (Brandon Gaudin, Bob Wenzel)
Radio: AM 820 | GoUSFBulls.com | Bulls Unlimited (Jim Lighthall, Joey Johnston)
Follow: Stats | Twitter

TAMPA, NOV. 18, 2017  The University of South Florida men's basketball team looks to win its second straight road game in the opener of the Hoosier Tip-Off Classic against Indiana (1-2). This is the Bulls' first matchup with a Big Ten team since Nov. 20, 2011, when USF dropped a low scoring affair, 53-49, against Penn State in the Naismith Hall of Fame Tip-Off Classic in Uncasville, Conn.

The Bulls won their first road game of the season on Wednesday night (Nov. 15) at Stetson, 75-72, behind 18 points each from Payton Banks (Orange, Calif.) and Stephan Jiggetts(Forrestville, Md.). Terrence Samuel (Brooklyn, N.Y.) chipped in 15 points with career highs in rebounds (eight) and assists (seven).

THE OPPONENT 
Indiana (1-2) lost its last game at No. 22 Seton Hall, 84-68, as part of the Gavitt Tip-Off Games. The Hoosiers also dropped their season opener to Indiana State, 90-69, at Assembly Hall. Their lone win came in the second game of the season against Howard in their first game of the Hoosier Tip-Off Classic. The Bulls will face Howard at the Sun Dome on Nov. 22.

The Hoosiers' leading scorer so far this season is sophomore forward De'Ron Davis, who is averaging 11.7 points through three games. He leads the Big Ten, shooting 78.9 percent (15-for-19) from the field.

The matchup marks the first meeting between USF and Indiana. Hoosiers first-year head coach Archie Miller was USF head coach Brian Gregory's replacement at Dayton when Gregory took the Georgia Tech head coaching job following the 2010-11 season.

NOTABLES
  • Brian Gregory secured his 250th career head coaching victory against Stetson. Gregory won 172 games as the head coach at Dayton from 2003-11 and won 78 games at Georgia Tech from 2011-16 before arriving at USF.
  • The Bulls last defeated a Big Ten opponent on Dec. 6, 1997, a 67-49 win at Ohio State. USF is 7-13 all-time against Big Ten opponents.
  • USF is shooting 81.0% (47-for-58) so far this season from the free throw line, good for second in the American Athletic Conference. Guard Stephan Jiggetts is 9-of-10 from the line this season and guard Terrence Samuel is 14-of-16 to lead the way for the Bulls.
  • Center Nikola Scekic (Belgrade, Serbia) pulled down a career high seven boards against Stetson, and also tied his career high with four points.

USF BULLS on GoUSFBulls.com

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Morgan State just lost to WVU 111-48. I know this isn't BK's Indiana but my fears about this game just intensified ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Morgan State just lost to WVU 111-48. I know this isn't BK's Indiana but my fears about this game just intensified ...

I think we might need a priest 

Fun fact: Kid from Phoenix I coached, but mostly coached against, is on WVU.

Indiana did lose to Indiana State at home by 21.  I don't think that is allowed.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

As much as I’m looking forward to watching this game I may just have to record it.  The nascar championship race is on at the same time and my driver Kyle Busch is going for the cup.   Unless he crashes out and then it’s basketball season y’all. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

I'll be watching on BTN with proper pre-game medication of course.  This could get ugly.

Vegas has IN -17.

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

A loss by 12 points or less is a victory. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

A loss by 12 points or less is a victory. 

I actually agree with this. I’d be mildly shocked if we lost by less than 12 points. Here’s to hoping for the start of a great week though. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Glad the Rams play at 10 this morning instead of the usual 1pm slot. This way I’ll be able to watch the whole beat down instead of the second half. While IU isn’t their normal selves they are still more talented than us. I do like what I’ve seen so far with Gregory though; I think he may actually get us back to being competitive in these types of games sooner rather than later. But that will be towards the end of year 2 and into year 3 IMO.