• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cracks are forming...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

UCF is only a 13.5 point favorite @Temple. If they are looking ahead to our game with them, they could lose.

BTW, we are an 18 point favorite vs Tulsa. We just need to focus on winning that game. 

Off topic Mama but I see USF is a 21 point fav. I think they will cover. Your thoughts? 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Temple has improved as the year has gone on.  They will not be an easy out up here.  I'm pulling for UCF as it will help us.  

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Off topic Mama but I see USF is a 21 point fav. I think they will cover. Your thoughts? 

It's now up to 23 points.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/tulsa-@-south-florida.cfm/date/11-16-17

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/south-florida

I doubt we cover. CCS doesn't generally look to run up the score. Although we did try to score against UConn at the end.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

It's now up to 23 points.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/tulsa-@-south-florida.cfm/date/11-16-17

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/south-florida

I doubt we cover. CCS doesn't generally look to run up the score. Although we did try to score against UConn at the end.

I am betting on our highest score output of the year. I think we hit 50+...Tulsa has zero defense.   That Uconn push at the end may be Strong saying it’s time. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If both teams phone it in for their games before Rust Bowl 2017, it's going to be a big downer. Let's get through this week first.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Temple has improved as the year has gone on.  They will not be an easy out up here.  I'm pulling for UCF as it will help us.  

Go Bulls!

How will it help us? We arent going to the playoff?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I don't want to get by UCF if it means being UConn in the Fiesta Bowl. Hate to admit it, but I believe Scott Frost seems to have his shiznit together better. I saw the Houston loss coming (though hate to admit it), and I see a loss to UCF coming. We had absolutely no business losing to Houston and it was squarely due to coaching. We had absolutely no business stumbling against very inferior teams early in the season and having to hope Flowers would put the team on his shoulders again. Hate to admit it; I have every confidence in our players, but not enough that they will be put in positions to win in the coaching chess game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I thought this was another Spectrum Stadium thread...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I don't want to get by UCF if it means being UConn in the Fiesta Bowl. Hate to admit it, but I believe Scott Frost seems to have his shiznit together better. I saw the Houston loss coming (though hate to admit it), and I see a loss to UCF coming. We had absolutely no business losing to Houston and it was squarely due to coaching. We had absolutely no business stumbling against very inferior teams early in the season and having to hope Flowers would put the team on his shoulders again. Hate to admit it; I have every confidence in our players, but not enough that they will be put in positions to win in the coaching chess game. 

QF is one of 2-3 players in Football, that can win a game all by himself.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

9 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

That's just the thing-we're not going to be UConn in the Fiesta Bowl. that UConn team had one player-Jordan Todman. One. That's it. We have Flowers, MVS, Senat, Sanchez, Nichols and a bunch of players who remember the bad times and want to beat UCF and do things no USF football team has done before. 

The hope is that this team learned their lesson. This team, even in the Taggart era, had a bad habit of getting overconfident and getting snakebit when it mattered the most. The houston loss hurt us ranking wise, but at least none of our goals (winning a CCG, going to a new year's day bowl) were affected. I also tend to think that getting beaten by Houston was a humbling moment for Strong and Gilbert, namely: "You can't expect to slouch your way through games and go undefeated". Gilbert listened. He put in some of last year's formations in and quit running it up the middle 50 times a game. 

UCF looks great, but they have yet to face a defense with a pulse, and now they get a suddenly hot Temple team looking to get into bowl position, in the rain, in the cold where Florida teams typically have trouble late in the year. UCF will probably win it, but I'm fairly certain that Temple defense has improved to the point that they're going to give the Knights a lot of trouble. 

The question is-will this team up step up and make the players when it matters? UCF starts hot, so you have to negate them and prevent them from running away with the game in the first quarter.