• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls at UConn Huskies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Some will just keep complaining. Gilbert called a game that put 600 yds of offense. Is there a relation to a good passing game by Q and the offense looking better. You bet ya.

CCS could have also taken a knee and didnt...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

Sure the offense looked good but lets not kid ourselves Uconn has the 127th or so ranked defense they are horrible.   

I did like the more aggressive attacking offense the most..should have had done that vs Houston.

CCS must see this defense can't play a whole game shutting a team down we need offense also to win games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

Some will just keep complaining. Gilbert called a game that put 600 yds of offense. Is there a relation to a good passing game by Q and the offense looking better. You bet ya.

CCS could have also taken a knee and didnt...

You serious Clark?

I know you're trying to keep a balance here, but the playcalling has been suspect all season and the shift in playcalling is what most would point to as the main difference tonight. Playing to strengths and putting players in position to succeed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, CRBULL said:

You serious Clark?

I know you're trying to keep a balance here, but the playcalling has been suspect all season and the shift in playcalling is what most would point to as the main difference tonight. Playing to strengths and putting players in position to succeed.

I don't believe this is the first game we've had over 600 yds this year and I think the 37 points is below our average. The playcalling has been suspect all season mainly to those who wanted to see a mirror image of last year's offense ... and it's not.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't believe this is the first game we've had over 600 yds this year and I think the 37 points is below our average. The playcalling has been suspect all season mainly to those who wanted to see a mirror image of last year's offense ... and it's not.

Did you see TDS article about the offense against Houston?

Gilbert has an offense moving the ball almsot purely because of absurd talent stockpiled under Taggart. We're moving the ball in spite of Gilbert's playcalling to some degree. Not because of it.

If your QB can make the basic throws the offense will progress. That's all I'm getting at. If the WR can actually catch said throws then the full potential of this offense can be seen. I believe if there was more consistent accuracy then we'd see crossing routes as well but that's pure speculation.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, mjadams said:

If your QB can make the basic throws the offense will progress. That's all I'm getting at. If the WR can actually catch said throws then the full potential of this offense can be seen. I believe if there was more consistent accuracy then we'd see crossing routes as well but that's pure speculation.

That's an interesting speculation. Think about the progress Q made from 2nd to 3rd year with King as his coach. Now, I think he has regressed a little with his mechanics. Last night was his best of the year.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, mjadams said:

If this were 2015 many would have agreed Flowers would be the main factor if the O is looking anemic. 

The thing is, we now have the body of 2015 and 2016 to go by. A body that shows that Flowers can be a fringe Heisman candidate when playing to his strengths. 

I think most believe it's less likely that a Sr Flowers has regressed, or never was capable, and more likely the O is now less oriented to his strengths and/or being less efficiently run.

Houston showed you can stop flowers running when you stack the box and force him to beat you with his arm. They stopped his strength. Yesterday was the best he's looked this year but he was throwing to WR who were essentially standing still. The WR did an excellent job with YAC.

Listen I like the guy and he will be hard to replace. He is how you want every student athletes to represent your school. 

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1