• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American conference standings midway through conf play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

The East division is horrible... 2 good teams, 4 horrible teams....

USF's west division opponents are the bottom 3 of that division, Houston, Tulane and Tulsa...

USFs 4 conference wins come against opponents with a combined 3 wins (1, 1, 1, 0). Of the complete schedule, USFs conference opponents have 12 wins to date (8 if you remove UCF).

UCF's west division opponents are the top 3 of that division, Memphis, SMU, and Navy. UCF pegged Memphis with their only loss and Navy with 1 of their 2. 

UCFs 4 conference wins come against opponents with a combined 7 wins (3, 3, 1, 0). Of the complete schedule, UCFs conference opponents have 16 wins to date (12 if you remove USF).

And Memphis...

Their 3 conference wins come against opponents with a combined 7 wins (3, 2, 2). Memphis has a loss to UCF, had they won, they'd be sitting at wins over conference opponents with 10 wins which would make them hands down the best AAC team. Of the complete schedule, Memphis conference opponents have 16 wins to date (12 if you remove UCF).

BUT, we are only halfway through conference play having played 4 games and with 4 remaining. So it will be interesting to see how the SOS plays out. 

1 win Tulane, who has played a lot of teams close has remaining games against teams with the following conf wins: (3, 0, 1, 2, 2) and could shake up the standings a little bit.

And SMU also has a huge opportunity to shake things up with games remaining against the current conference leaders UCF, Navy and Memphis and then also Tulsa and Tulane. At the moment SMU has only 1 conference loss against Houston and will have 3 shots at the current leaders so could take any one of them down (though they have lost against the two best teams on their schedule).

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Its Memphis' to lose from the West.  They have the tiebreaker over Navy already, so they'd have to lose 2 more for Navy to win.  The only team with a shot is SMU.  They would have to beat Memphis and run the table with only one other loss the rest of the year.  I don't see that happening considering they have UCF and Navy still on the schedule, but we will see.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I guess it's worth mentioning that the combined record of our FBS opponents (not counting Stony Brook) is 13-33. It's entirely possible that we have ONE team on our schedule with an above .500 record at the end of the regular season. It's the main reason why I can't take any playoff talk seriously...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

American East conference records looks like this:

4-0

4-0

1-3

1-3

1-3

0-4

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I guess it's worth mentioning that the combined record of our FBS opponents (not counting Stony Brook) is 13-33. It's entirely possible that we have ONE team on our schedule with an above .500 record at the end of the regular season. It's the main reason why I can't take any playoff talk seriously...

Maybe we should have run up the score more?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

16 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

You shouldn't have been taking any playoff talk seriously before the season even started ....

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Good status, thanks Gismo. I'd love to see SMU shake things up, but AAC really needs to have clear leaders emerge, and right now that looks like USF, UCF, and Memphis. This weekend is Houston's chance to make a statement, and a strong game from us would set a lot of Bulls' minds at ease.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

54 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Watch smu beat the knights

I would not be shocked. SMU has really made a nice leap this year.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Watch smu beat the knights

They are struggling against Tulsa.  That team is hard to figure out.