• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are We Bulls Fans Spoiled?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, NCBull said:

Agree that college is about a lot more than academics.  But academics steers the ship and always should.  Read your university's mission statement and it's plain as day.  Athletics are fantastic, no doubt; but academics is the core of any university, for good reason.

Academics may steer the ship, but athletics is what puts wind in the sails. A degree is a degree can go get one from anywhere, people choose to go to schools off of "culture and fit" and a large part of that is athletics.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

4 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

Academics may steer the ship, but athletics is what puts wind in the sails. A degree is a degree can go get one from anywhere, people choose to go to schools off of "culture and fit" and a large part of that is athletics.

+1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,580
  • Days Won:  423

23 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

A degree is a degree can go get one from anywhere, people choose to go to schools off of "culture and fit" and a large part of that is athletics.

That may be true for a lot of other schools but there are 10's of 1,000's of examples that indicate that's not true for most choosing USF ....

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

That may be true for a lot of other schools but there are 10's of 1,000's of examples that indicate that's not true for most choosing USF ....

Yup and those are the same 10's of 1000's that aren't supporting our football program. I love USF and our academic reputation has certainly grown since 2005 when I enrolled, but back then it was academically a backup school for those who wanted to go to UF and FSU. I would rather have an enrollment of 1000 who bleed green and gold for everything academic and athletic, than the 40,000 we currently have because 90% of them don't give a **** about USF academically or athletically and just want a degree.