• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are We Bulls Fans Spoiled?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

100% agree. Some of us remember when UT dropped football. 

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

hardly

after we win a title or two i will get back to you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I wouldn't say spoiled, I'd say properly conditioned. Lol Everything you listed was hard earned. We are very opportunistic/favored/ blessed.  We've got it good and I hope the football Gods continue to smile upon us this season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

After the Holtz New Era nobody should consider us spoiled. Before that, absolutely. Our spoiledness helped manifest in firing Leavitt*, which set the program back 5 years. Maybe more if you look at the impacts it has in retrospect. Would we be P5 now if not for the nightmare years? Would attendance be such an embarrassment?

* Even ignoring the Miller situation he was getting a lot of heat. And that's just asinine. "hey coach of a 10 year old program that got us ranked the past 3 years... it seems you've plateaued"

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I also appreciate USF football, but do not think we are spoiled.  In 20 years we have not won a conference championship.  Lets hope and keep fingers crossed this is the year, then again I hope for this every year.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

No, I'm not doing one of those threads; I'm serious.

Okay, we went from no football to a BCS team and then #2 in the land in no time at all. I mean teams like Troy who beat LSU last week, that was their glory ---for how many years of football?

We've taken out FSU @ FSU and Notre Dame @ Notre Dame, to name a few.

We started football in 1997!

Speaking for myself, I'm always wanting MORE. I mean I want us to get into the top 10 this season! That's crazy, when compared to schools that have been playing football for eons and they never even crack the polls.

I guess it's hard not to be spoiled when we are surrounded by the successes of UM, uf, and FSU. And I'm sure many of us migrated over from one of those teams when we got USF football.

But my goodness, sometimes we have it so good that we still want it all. #OCS#

Step back for a sec. We are ranked. We have most of the staff from last season's Texas. We are on national TV quite a bit. Most teams would love to play on ESPN! Georgia Southern, how often are they on national TV?

Remember Hofstra back in the day? They closed down their football program...

No USF football this weekend. But I'm going to make it a point to stop and appreciate what we have. :guinness:

You can say we might have had it too good, too early.  The fan apathy for this team is the most frustrating thing about this season.  People are conditioning themselves to be relieved after wins instead of excited.  It's not applicable to many people on this board, just the fan base in general.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  1

At one time we WERE spoiled but "coach" Holtz and pathetic attendance have taken care of that.  Now we are desperate to get 30,000 to show up for a game.  We've got issues.  A 5-0 team (and 11-2 before) shouldn't be having an attendance problem like we do.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

46 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

After the Holtz New Era nobody should consider us spoiled. Before that, absolutely. Our spoiledness helped manifest in firing Leavitt*, which set the program back 5 years. Maybe more if you look at the impacts it has in retrospect. Would we be P5 now if not for the nightmare years? Would attendance be such an embarrassment?

* Even ignoring the Miller situation he was getting a lot of heat. And that's just asinine. "hey coach of a 10 year old program that got us ranked the past 3 years... it seems you've plateaued"

100% this... We were spoiled in 2009 when "plateau" and "Big East gets no respect" threads were the topic of conversation instead of "this week's uniforms" and "realignment". The Miller situation is what it is, Leavitt may have gotten fired over that anyway, but, if there wasn't pressure on him for not winning a conference championship in the first 4 years in a conference and an axe being ground with certain media members, I don't know if he would have been fired so quickly. UCF gave O'Leary time through a big law suit, I think if Leavitt was beloved by all (as I contend he should have been), he would have survived the situation and moved forward.

That season was all-around a nightmare. BJD was admirable coming in for Grothe, but, the stars were aligned with Grothe to have a magical season. I actually think BJD beating FSU in his first start was a bad thing for Leavitt's job security because everyone felt like the freshman QB wasn't a drop-off from a senior MG.

Anyway, as others have said, we were spoiled from 2006-2009, then, we were humbled. I don't think we're spoiled any more.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If we had never been in the Big East right now we would have about 10,000 more fans a game. But that being said, it’s hard to trade away those memories.