• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report: Louisville head basketball coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich have been fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, bullsfan27 said:

The ACC will not add us or ucf as they have already said they don't want more than 2 teams from the state as they already have 4 in nc. Our best chance is either the big 12 or big 10

Link?  Not doubting you, but like I've said, I haven't seen it myself other than message boards.   It's like the reportedly Georgia, South Carolina, Florida voting bloc in the SEC.  Lots of people have said that they have an agreement to vote against another team in their respective states.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

44 minutes ago, MMW said:

LOL, if those teams were kicked out (not happening IMO but let's play along) it would be far more like they join the AAC than we join the ACC (much less ECU).

Oh, I know they won't be kicked out.  
I'm just fantasizing. 

The reason I included ECU is 1) Geography, and 2) They have a long standing rivalry/playing history with some of the school in the ACC.  But academics would probably exclude them even with their fan support. 

But I would think if the ACC were to kick out UNC, Miami and Louisville, you would probably see the B12 try to grab FSU and then the whole expansion tsunami would ensue, the eventually leading to the ACC on virtual collapse  merging with the  remaining AAC.  

3 minutes ago, Dogma said:

I'm just fantasizing. 

The reason I included ECU is 1) Geography, and 2) They have a long standing rivalry/playing history with some of the school in the ACC.  But academics would probably exclude them even with their fan support. 

But I would think if the ACC were to kick out UNC, Miami and Louisville, you would probably see the B12 try to grab FSU and then the whole expansion tsunami would ensue, the eventually leading to the ACC on virtual collapse  merging with the  remaining AAC.  

IMO, Louisville would be the only one that might be close to being kicked out.  If they get the death penalty in MBB, that alone is reason.  That along with their academic profile, makes them a target.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

IMO, Louisville would be the only one that might be close to being kicked out.  If they get the death penalty in MBB, that alone is reason.  That along with their academic profile, makes them a target.

If ACC kicks out Louisville, they will most likely look at UConn first.  Great academics and basketball.  Football is a dumpster fire but may improve with P5 money.

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If ACC kicks out Louisville, they will most likely look at UConn first.  Great academics and basketball.  Football is a dumpster fire but may improve with P5 money.

Probably, especially if the whole, Miami and FSU won't allow another Florida school is true.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

29 minutes ago, Dogma said:

I'm just fantasizing. 

I don't think the ACC would kick out Miami or UNC no matter how many violations they committed. FSU-Miami is too valuable for the conference and UNC is always going to sell tickets in basketball unless they get death penaltied (and I think UL would be much more likely to get it than UNC). If UL gets kicked out they fall back to the AAC, which I'm not sure is a good thing-yeah, they are a power school and they look the part, but those allegations and violations will have a lot of people looking negatively at the AAC. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,253
  • Days Won:  1

Pitino named as one of the coaches caught giving money to recruits by FBI. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Pitino named as one of the coaches caught giving money to recruits by FBI. 

What a total scum bag. He will never coach again, his legacy (what was left of it) is completely gone, and he could serve jail time. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

If Baylor didn't get kicked out of B12 nobody is getting kicked out of anything.

You can also add Penn State to that list for the Big 10.