• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Watching the FSU-NC State game.   More than 1/3 of their visiting side is empty

They don't have to report butts in the seats 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

For anyone that does not think an OCS will look better on TV than RJS, you are just living in a dream world. Put on the Tulane game right now on CBSSports. They may have about 10k actual there but the atmosphere looks a heck of a lot better than RJS with 16k.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Don't know where it is in this thread, but I remember seeing a Houston fan talking crap about our attendance. I am watching Houston vs Texas Tech right now, and I am seeing a lot of empty seats. How is that game not a sellout? To instate schools, P5 vs G5, and Houston currently on a 7 game win streak against P5 schools. Makes zero sense as to why there are empty seats for that game.

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

For anyone that does not think an OCS will look better on TV than RJS, you are just living in a dream world. Put on the Tulane game right now on CBSSports. They may have about 10k actual there but the atmosphere looks a heck of a lot better than RJS with 16k.

Agree 100%. We need to build a 35k stadium that can be expanded upon if/when needed. 

I wonder what Tulane will say the attendance was. I'm sure they don't have to say actual butts in seats. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Watching the FSU-NC State game.   More than 1/3 of their visiting side is empty

Press won't mention it about the big boys but there is no hiding the fact that attendance is declining everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

They don't have to report butts in the seats 

This is the one reason that may sway me to favoring an OCS. Though it's an expensive venture just to spite the local and national grief hags who report real attendance and don't mention no other school does.

Might just be worth it though. I'm a big fan of spite!

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

4 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Don't know where it is in this thread, but I remember seeing a Houston fan talking crap about our attendance. I am watching Houston vs Texas Tech right now, and I am seeing a lot of empty seats. How is that game not a sellout? To instate schools, P5 vs G5, and Houston currently on a 7 game win streak against P5 schools. Makes zero sense as to why there are empty seats for that game.

From year to year even in the bad years we have one of the best G5 attendances. That Houston fan was talking out of his ass and cherry picking game attendance data. Simple fact is that G5 doesn't draw in any locale. We've seen it at all our away games. Look at SJSU. That place was a mausoleum.

The NFL knows the numbers are dropping and are in full reactive mode to try to fix it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

We should be spending more time and effort on finding solutions then complaining. I know I've complained, but that doesn't solve anything. Here are some ideas I had to improve attendance  

If everyone who has season tickets brought 1 or 2 extra people to each game it would really help. I'm sure we all know a couple USF grads who don't attend games. 

USF should allow season ticket holders to purchase extra tickets in certain sections for say $10. There could be representatives from USF Athletics there to talk about season ticket packages, giving tours of the stadium, etc. 

USF should have incentives for using all of your tickets for every game. Maybe USF could give away on field passes, suite for a game, free ticket package for an away game, etc. 

What other ideas do you have? If we come up with a list of ideas I'll email it to Harlan. 

This is the responsibility of the athletic director in the athletic department. These ideas are excellent. But as usual, the department has little to no creativity and does a little.

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This is the one reason that may sway me to favoring an OCS. Though it's an expensive venture just to spite the local and national grief hags who report real attendance and don't mention no other school does.

Might just be worth it though. I'm a big fan of spite!

All the other teams lie about their attendance. I've watched numerous games this season where they say 40k, but it looks more like 20k. Attendance is down everywhere. FSU can't even fill up their stadium 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is the responsibility of the athletic director in the athletic department. These ideas are excellent. But as usual, the department has little to no creativity and does a little.

I agree they do very little to encourage the casual fan to attend games. We need better promotions and incentives