• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The National Champion from 2016-17 almost lost to Troy and STILL won a national title.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

TAking out those last three games where BJ did not play we lost by an average of 6.5 points.

Take out those 9 losses and we were undefeated ...... not sure I see the relevance of that year to this year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

57 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Take out those 9 losses and we were undefeated ...... not sure I see the relevance of that year to this year.

Well said.  Every year is different.  

Edited by Rizman

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

Forrest Gump had to wear leg braces from a curved spine and STILL made the Alabama team AND became an All-American.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The whole discussion was on the trajectory of a team. The original author made the point that Clemson won a championship despite winning many close games.  I said the current trajectory of the team reminded me of Holtz's last couple of years as he played many close games and eventually losing most of them. Its not a game I want to see our team play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

The whole discussion was on the trajectory of a team. The original author made the point that Clemson won a championship despite winning many close games.  I said the current trajectory of the team reminded me of Holtz's last couple of years as he played many close games and eventually losing most of them. Its not a game I want to see our team play.

One game doesn't make a trajectory so I still really don't see don't any relevance between the two years .... but I do agree that I don't want to see our team losing close games either. I prefer they don't lose any.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Forrest Gump had to wear leg braces from a curved spine and STILL made the Alabama team AND became an All-American.

He must have been the stupidest SOB alive ... but he sure was fast.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

One game doesn't make a trajectory so I still really don't see don't any relevance between the two years .... but I do agree that I don't want to see our team losing close games either. I prefer they don't lose any.

Whether there's a "trajectory" after one (two) games is not the entire point. The point about close games being easier to lose due to fluke plays, idiotic coaching decisons, and the like was kind of highlighted by that one Skip year. If balls bounced differently we could've won a lot of those pre-BJ injury games. Everything equal, you'd rather win blowouts than close games. Not a difficult concept to grasp. I'd rather have blown out SBU and felt more comfortable.

Edited by The Great 8