• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The National Champion from 2016-17 almost lost to Troy and STILL won a national title.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

The USF blogs are getting way too depressing. I hope this is not how some of you operate in real life, but you don't simply give up. Clemson in 2015 steam rolled through their schedule and lost the national title. In 2016. Six of their games was won by a touch down or less. They had to grind it out to get that title. They almost lost to Troy and only beat them by 4 pts. If their fans had some of your spirit then they might not have gotten the push to keep moving forward. I get it, USF has had a lot of disappointing seasons, but geez man, it's like some of you are trying to speak bad fortune into existence. This post is not intended to go back and fourth, hurt anybody's feelings, but just encourage some of you to freakin chill man. I am simply going to give the program the benefit of the doubt and keep it moving. Am i happy about the offense? Hell no, but have faith that things will get better starting with the UCONN game.  By the way, Im going through the same thing with my Gators lol You want to talk about some entitled fans, then check out the UF blogs. When Zook was here, they personally made a fireronzook.com website. Anyways, Go Bulls!!!

http://www.espn.com/ncf/recap/_/id/400869430 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

I am going to go out on a limb here but I am thinking  Troy > Stony Brook by a large margin.  Maybe Stony Brook is Elon 2007 which we barely beat. We shall see.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

I am going to go out on a limb here but I am thinking  Troy > Stony Brook by a large margin.  Maybe Stony Brook is Elon 2007 which we barely beat. We shall see.

If you adjust for the skill levels in comparison I believe the comparison holds true. We aren't national champion material just like Stony isn't Troy.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Clemson:Troy as USF:Stony Brook?

SAT flashbacks.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You're forgetting that Clemson is P5.

As a G5 team, we lost our natty chance when we didn't even cover the spread at SJSU, much less dominate them from start to finish.

If we were in the ACC or SEC, yes, we would still have a shot. Now, our best hope is a booby prize bowl of peaches

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I can't speak to how Clemson played in that game, but of course anyone is susceptible to "playing down" to opponents. And, maybe we've kept a lot close to the vest. My concern arises from the way we had SBU stay close for so long. An FCS should simply be manhandled by our OL. If we only stayed close because we were fumbling the ball and dropping passes, I'd be less concerned, honestly. Those are "easy" to cleanup. Complex blocking schemes that the OL isn't setup for success in (e.g. running off-tackle), that's a bigger problem that's hard to overcome without scheme changes. And, that's risky when you've spent a whole off-season presumably practicing what we've seen for 2 games.

As I said elsewhere, I'm praying we've been playing down or have been sharking opponents and not running our real offense. I think we'll have a good idea of what's going to happen the rest of this season after Saturday's game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

19 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

So you put Clemson = to USF ?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

So you put Clemson = to USF ?

Actually the opposite. I was saying Troy was a much better opponent than Stony Brook. We played poor against a poor team. Clemson played poor against a decent team. Troy won 10 games last year.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

21 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

That wasn't his point.  Clemson struggled against Troy and won 6 games by a TD or less and won the CFP.  We haven't looked good, but we are 2-0.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24

The point is that Clemson was the National Champion who beat Alabama in the title game. Clemson was and still is stacked head to toe with elite talent. Most of USF's players woudn't crack the 2 deep on a team like Clemson or Alabama, nor would players from Troy. 10 Wins or not, Troy is not on the same level as Clemson. We're 2-0 with terrible performances. Will people be mad at the end of the year if we're 12-2 or 11-3 with an AAC trophy and a bowl win? I think not.