• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hurricane Irma

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Obviously, a quick look at our member map shows we have a lot of Bulls in harms way:

http://www.thebullspen.com/membermap/

snippetmembermap.PNG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Hope none of you are staying in a flood zone. Lots of the peninsula may be under water with the storm surge. 

Okay, time to enjoy college football today.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

snippettampawinds.PNG

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

20 hours ago, raptorcj said:

I gotta ask...what's your ride? I wanna guess stang, but just not enough for me to be sure. Looks tight...hope it's untouched by Irma. Oh, and you guys too...

God bless all of you all!! Remember to value life over material. Sports will come back for us but right now it is pretty much secondary. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

So, first bands are coming through. Hope, prayer, karma - whatever you go with it - we need it in bundles.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Wind through my home, the lake behind my home is pretty epic. I left my western/northern patio shutters open. Man, we are getting 100 MPH gusts. 

I think if she continues North, he effect on Tampa Bay and area, will just be tragic. The bridge from Ft Myers to Sanibel, is DRY, under the bridge. Completely DRY. Man, the backlash surge may be ugly for the left coast. I hope I am so wrong, but wow, the tidal effect with low tide with storm surge may be epic, and bad for the guf coast

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Wind through my home, the lake behind my home is pretty epic. I left my western/northern patio shutters open. Man, we are getting 100 MPH gusts. 

I think if she continues North, he effect on Tampa Bay and area, will just be tragic. The bridge from Ft Myers to Sanibel, is DRY, under the bridge. Completely DRY. Man, the backlash surge may be ugly for the left coast. I hope I am so wrong, but wow, the tidal effect with low tide with storm surge may be epic, and bad for the guf coast

That sounds horrible! Hang in there footfan. 

It could be A LOT worse, bit the worst is ahead I suppose. Gonna catch a nap, then wake up later. At 58, putting up the shutters without my two (slaves) sons was not fun. I am in great shape, but I never use, shutter pull them off the garage upper rack, hand the to your wife, carry them around then install them muscles.

I LOVE waterfromt property, but today, I  am glad to be on lakefront!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

40 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

It could be A LOT worse, bit the worst is ahead I suppose. Gonna catch a nap, then wake up later. At 58, putting up the shutters without my two (slaves) sons was not fun. I am in great shape, but I never use, shutter pull them off the garage upper rack, hand the to your wife, carry them around then install them muscles.

I LOVE waterfromt property, but today, I  am glad to be on lakefront!

A bit older than you but I started on Tue or Wed (so old I can't remember) and put them up a bit at a time.  Friday was a bear though as the Armor Shield material for the lanai had shrunk and didn't fit the predrilled holes.  I called the company that did the install and, luckily for us, they sent 2 guys out who got them up drilling new holes and tapcons.  That side of the house faces east so will be the most vulnerable through most of this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

A bit older than you but I started on Tue or Wed (so old I can't remember) and put them up a bit at a time.  Friday was a bear though as the Armor Shield material for the lanai had shrunk and didn't fit the predrilled holes.  I called the company that did the install and, luckily for us, they sent 2 guys out who got them up drilling new holes and tapcons.  That side of the house faces east so will be the most vulnerable through most of this.

Boom. Well done  Bourbon. The eye wall is about an hour a way from our 239 home. Our pool is swaying like a cruise ship pool. Wow.

Edited by footnfan1