• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's ONLY path to the playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Apparently not. Our gutless coach didn't run up the score Saturday ...

At least SOMEONE agrees with me. Whew, I'm not crazy after all.

Oh, wait.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

11 hours ago, charsibb said:

At least SOMEONE agrees with me. Whew, I'm not crazy after all.

Oh, wait.

:hippy2:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Apparently not. Our gutless coach didn't run up the score Saturday ...

Good. We've convinced you!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I see mad peoole took thier green and gold goggles off after the 1st game...hell 1st quarter. Well I still have my goggles on dammit! lol Last game started off rough, but I’m past it. Anyways, I thought I should break down my totally unrealistic map to the playoffs. Before we start, let’s assume every ranked team except for Alabama, FSU or OSU/Clemson/USC has 2 or more losses. Here is the help we would need from our opponents.

Tulsa- 1 loss Tulsa - (if they lose to Houston) should at least be ranked #24 by the time we play them.

Houston- An undefeated Houston-  should at least be ranked at least #18 should they be undefeated by the time we play them.

Illinois- Yea they suck and have a hard schedule but if we beat them then it’s still considered a P5 victory. Hopefully they are good enough to beat WKU before playing us.

ECU - This is definitely wishful thinking but an undefeated ECU would be ranked #20 if they were undefeated by the time they played us. (They play a ranked WVU and VT back to back) But defeating 2 ranked teams in a row **** near impossible, but since this post is fantasy, why not.

UCF – A one loss UCF should at least crack the top #25.

If this was to happen, that would be 3 victories over a ranked team and 1 P5 victory. Therefore I wish the best of luck to Tulsa, Houston, ECU, UCF and Illinois…..until they play us. :) Carry on. 

You forgot to add a ranked Memphis team in the CCS to this fantasy scenario, but make no mistake, any scenario with us going to the playoffs is a fantasy scenario. I'm just looking for us to beat the Temples and Houstons of the world, and finally winning the conference. This schedule won't get us to the playoffs no matter what happens. Extremely unlikely we even have a legit argument even in the absolute best case scenario. The odds are 100-1, but might as well be 1,000,000-1. A two-loss Alabama would probably be ranked comfortably ahead of us.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

At some point, things are going to break our way for this program. Fantasy scenario or not. For a change.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

You forgot to add a ranked Memphis team in the CCS to this fantasy scenario, but make no mistake, any scenario with us going to the playoffs is a fantasy scenario. I'm just looking for us to beat the Temples and Houstons of the world, and finally winning the conference. This schedule won't get us to the playoffs no matter what happens. Extremely unlikely we even have a legit argument even in the absolute best case scenario. The odds are 100-1, but might as well be 1,000,000-1. A two-loss Alabama would probably be ranked comfortably ahead of us.

I didnt add Memphis b/c they play Houston and Tulsa and dont have as strong an out of conference schedule, so it kind of messed up the fantasy lol

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, pacificd said:

At some point, things are going to break our way for this program. Fantasy scenario or not. For a change.

Which should mean conference championship first and foremost.  It is ridiculous that we don't have at least one at this point. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

I think we need two AAC opponents to be in the top 25 when we play them or later in the season. 

One can be the AAC championship game.  I would expect Houston and Memphis to have the best shot at accomplishing that, and it would be better on appearances that we don't get a Houston or Tulsa rematch in the championship, so I'll root for Memphis during the regular season.  Of course, the Bulls will need to focus on wining the division first, and let the things we can't control run their course.  In our own division, I'll draw the line on who I root for, because the same logic may lead me to a real quandary.   So I'll just enjoy the ride.

As a fan, it is fun to know what to root for, however remote a possibility it may be, the possibility is there. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Which should mean conference championship first and foremost.  It is ridiculous that we don't have at least one at this point. 

Exactly. That is a realistic goal for the season. Playoffs probably aren't. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I look forward to this inane thread every week for the rest of the season. 

Not happening.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2