• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rewatched the First Quarter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It wasn't good at all, but I am not as concerend after re-watching it.  We had really crappy field position to start 2 of the first 4 drives and on the second drive we started on the 25, but a penalty and Q's grounding screwed the drive up.

First possession we started at the 6.  Had to be conservative  on the first run then DJ had an open field on the second play and slipped.  The third play was the long throw to MSV.  Clearly pass interference.  No way he could have caught that ball one handed.  No pass interference we are in business.

Hernandez is a good punter.  I doubt you see another 18 yard punt out of him the rest of the year.

Only concern after watching the first quarter is that they keep throwing to Barr.  He hasn't been able to catch at any time since he has been here.  He also screwed up a couple of blocks on the outside in those first couple of drives.  Wilcox missed a couple early too.  

I actually think this offense will end up as good or possibly even more productive than we had the last couple of years.  Once we got to  35 We took the foot off the accelerator.  Despite the slow start and "running" the offense for only 3 quarters we still ended up with the 2nd most offensive yards of all the teams that played yesterday.

I feel much better than I did watching it yesterday.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I'm glad it was you who rewatched it and not me.  That was one craptastic quarter.  Glad to see our guys shake it off and snap out of the funk last night.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Masochist.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495
  • Days Won:  0

and if Bronson is healthy, maybe he starts instead of Barr.  It was just a perfect storm situation where almost everything that could go wrong, went wrong.  When was the last time we kicked the opening kickoff out of bounds?  

Edited by bullstampede9922

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

StrongCalm.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

He did it twice. Field was terrible 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

and if Bronson is healthy, maybe he starts instead of Barr.  It was just a perfect storm situation where almost everything that could go wrong, went wrong.  When was the last time we kicked the opening kickoff out of bounds?  

Bronson would never start in the slot. Barr is at risk of Antoine or McCants stealing his spot. Bronson could steal the X or Y spot. But I don't see MVS giving his up. The other is a 3 man race between Saloman, Clervuex, and Bronson.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Glutton for punishment...1st quarter was miserable at best. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I just finished watching the entire game again and I too feel better. Most impresssed with the D line and secondary. Got to work on defending the screen pass though. For the offense, Tice is a man. He needs more touches. Q seemed to pressing at times but I think he will settle down as he gets use to the offense. Right side of the offensive line needs work. Drops hurt, but this can be worked on. Although the sentiment is Strong is conservative on offense, he did go for it in 4th down multiple times. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah we had horrible starting field position that first quarter.  Defense was put in a bad spot early in that game.

This game will be a good learning experience. 

I do think Tice should get more touches especially later in game as other team gets tired..he runs hard and hard to bring down.