• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I believe that CCS should be asked about the end of the half during his radio show tomorrow.  It would be interesting to hear his reasoning, especially with timeouts, as to why we didn't try to at least get into a position for a field goal.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

21 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I believe that CCS should be asked about the end of the half during his radio show tomorrow.  It would be interesting to hear his reasoning, especially with timeouts, as to why we didn't try to at least get into a position for a field goal.

I think I remember hearing him already answer that, but I may be mistaken.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

His (idiotic and simple) reasoning was that we got the ball back to start the 2nd half.. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I think I would phrase the question:

Even though we were getting the ball back at the start of the second half, why didn't you take the opportunity to work on your two-minute offense and try to put the team in position to score a touchdown or a field goal?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow, we have 10 pages on this.  He didn't do it.  Based on field location, the fact that we got the ball to start the half, or whatever, he didn't.  Can we move on now?

It's funny, it appears that the most vocal about us having no chance to make the playoffs, are the ones complaining the most about this.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

His (idiotic and simple) reasoning was that we got the ball back to start the 2nd half.. 

That was his "public" reasoning. I'm guessing, under oath,  he would have added, "Don't let the score at that time fool you. We just scored 28 straight points and were in complete control of the game. Why give them ANY opportunity for something to rally around. THAT would have been idiotic."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

It's funny, it appears that the most vocal about us having no chance to make the playoffs, are the ones complaining the most about this.

Au contrare. The ones complaining the most are doing so because they DO/DID think we had a chance at the playoffs ..... and gutless Charlie just crushed their hopes in the first game.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Just now, Triple B said:

Au contrare. The ones complaining the most are doing so because they DO/DID think we had a chance at the playoffs ..... and gutless Charlie just crushed their hopes in the first game.

Little do they know, the slippery field in the first quarter played a big role in dashing our playoff hopes. Cost us at least two touchdowns. 

I'd like to clarify that I think we have 0 chance at the playoffs and I don't see the need to run up the score. There is a time and place for running down the clock. The end of the first half isn't it. The fact that we 'were in control' of the game is moot. It was a 12 pt game. I also highly doubt that them getting a pick on a Hail Mary would 'revitalize' their spirits. 

Everything aside.. curious if that mentality was truly because we got the ball back to start the 2nd half or bc coach knew we were going to roll easily.